What's new

Tiny black dot on screen -- bad pixel? (1 Viewer)

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
In the upper left-hand corner of my screen is a tiny black square that is always dark. Is that a bad pixel? Fixes? Associated equipment:

-Panasonic 47WX49, Gregg Loewen-calibrated
-Panny RP-91 DVD player
-Belden 1694 cabling
-Pioneer HDTV set-top box from Time Warner cable

Dot is there with movies, cable & OTA so I know it's not the source. Any thoughts or suggestions?

(FYI, this is an x-post from the "Audio/Video Sources" forum, where I inadvertently posted this earlier.)

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
you don't get dead pixels on crt based units what that sounds like is that you have something stuck to the screen that has to be removed that is all . ;)

and when i mean screen i mean the inside of the screen on the back ;)

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I figured, since you're basically just focusing colored beams of light onto a screen with an RPTV, right?

Well, that's a relief. Now to open the puppy up to see if I can swab the offending material away.

I thought of asking if it could be material on one of the lenses but then the color would just be off.

Thanks for the input.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
no if it was on one of the crt's say if you avia and you do red green blue colors buy them selves it would only show up on the color crt that is effected :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks