What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet. I also know this might sound strange. But, what if some of the small changes they are making is part of the "real" timeline? That is why the terrorist was reading her notebook. Like I said I have not seen the 2nd episode. So my theory could be moot.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure I like the non-causal changes. ...The missing sister and not-sick mom isn't. First of all, I have a feeling they won't address why that change occurred (given how rushed the pilot felt)...
I was surprised that they quickly addressed how these changes occurred from the Hindenburg change.

I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet. I also know this might sound strange. But, what if some of the small changes they are making is part of the "real" timeline? That is why the terrorist was reading her notebook. Like I said I have not seen the 2nd episode. So my theory could be moot.
That was what I was thinking earlier as well. Flynn is trying to get back his timeline, but his means are really off. His telling her that she will help him later is a big clue there. I am thinking that Rittenhouse is going to be a bigger bad than Flynn, but we'll have to wait and see.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm liking the show so far but not loving it. I'm hoping to be in it for the long haul.
So are they subtlety weaving in other time travel character names?
Rufus- Bill & Ted
Tannen (Bully that beat up Rufus)- BTTF

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Worth watching? I've got all eps on the DVR, but only so many hours in a day and lots of new shows I'm trying out.

And with "The Walking Dead"/"Talking Dead" coming back, even less time :cool:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The latest episode surprisingly did not have Flynn changing history, it looked to be purely an objective to get the atomic material. That explains why there wasn't any "original historic event" at the beginning of the episode.

He did state that his objective is to wipe Rittenhouse out of history. We don't know much about them, but it seems they are a bit shady and I would not be surprised if there are good reasons for trying to get rid of them.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Gotta wonder, will we soon be rooting for the "bad" guy as time goes on (pardon the pun) or will he always be just a "bad guy" and we continue to root for the other team? Hard to tell at this point since I have no idea who/what Rittenhouse is.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I loved the Western Union gag and his response "it worked in BTTF 2". I'm enjoying this show so far but, like other I'm not loving it yet.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Liked the first, missed the second, but going into 3 & 4. For some reason I can't watch ep. 2 on NBC.com. I can see the commercials just fine, isn't that sweet, but can't get the actual show to run. Oh well, I'll keep up with the rest of it.

Of course, just noticed that there really isn't an episode 2, the Lincoln show is 3, so maybe I didn't miss anything. :cool:

Sorry to ramble, I'll post an actual opinion later today. :huh:

I'm quite sure everyone will be waiting, holding their breath just to hear from me :rolling-smiley:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I was attempting to be clever (and obviously failed)

I was trying to imply a future me had read your post and gone back in time to comment now.

I apologize.

Sorry, I tend to miss things occasionally. Stress from a new dog, upcoming surgery, etc. I'm the one who will lighten up :chatter:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This is one of those "deep" thought shows, at least for me :D

Aren't they altering history, or at least trying to stop Flynn from doing it? Which being a big Dr. Who fan is really not allowed.

The woman's sister now never exists because of the Hindenburg story? Yet she has a picture of her, so she had to have existed, although nobody but the sister seems to know about her.

And is her mother the reporter who was supposed to die during the Hindenburg incident?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoy it. So far it has a consistent time-travel philosophy and all changes are organic.

I like to the prospect of unclear loyalties, as to who's really the "good" guys.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've already read your posted opinion.

I went back and corrected some of the typos you were going to make

OMG, took me seeing three episodes and rereading this thread. Just now got what you meant :rolleyes:

We're all allowed our occasional Homer Simpson moments.
--------------------
I'm still a little confused by Flynn, is he purposely trying to change the past? What if he goofs it up, he could end up never having existed.

Anyhow, this is a really enjoyable show, I hope it makes it.

Last edited:

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting developments regarding Rittenhouse and the use of the stolen materials. I surely hope someone has a definitive playbook for this show. I keep thinking that these random deaths are bound to have some effect on the timeline.

I do appreciate the fact that they are acting on their feelings for the most part while still trying to keep basic history intact. That is different than most time travel shows with the "fixed points" in time discussion. Still interesting enough to keep me involved, for the present.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the November 14 episode, which was a big one.
  1. We learned some of what was on the missing minutes of Nixon's tapes - him complaining about Rittenhouse and wanting the find the Doc -- I thought that was a really nice touch.
  2. We learned part of why Lucy was chosen - that is, her personal relationship to Rittenhouse.
  3. We learned more about Rittenhouse - origins deep in the birth of the USA and intertwined with it.
  4. The characters learned about each others' lies
  5. The characters don't know who to trust now or what to do about it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks