What's new

Time to worry? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have used mainly firefox as my browser and noticed a disturbing thing today.
I was filling out a form and I have the setting on that lets my browser remember so if I type a 'G' in my 1st name box it'll put in Grant in the pull down box.

The scary thing is when I typed a '1' in my address box it came back with
'1327 fairview court' which is not my address.
Playing around with the city box I found the city about 50 miles away in a town I don't live in and don't know anyone in.

It's my computer and except for my wife no one touches it but it seems like someone did and filled out a form. Any other explanations?
Is there some kind of tracability to find out when someone typed that in?
Nothing comes up when I try different letters in the name boxes

We do have a router with firewall but I use cat 5 instead of the wireless option.
Any ideas or suggestions????

Thanks
Grant

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Are you absolutely sure you've never typed that address under any circumstances?

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Well Grant, not to ruffle your feathers but if that popped up and your router is set up right someone typed that from your computer.

So time to do some investigating. First go back to that form, get the street address, city, and zip. Go to Google put the street address, city, and zip, if all goes well you will get a phone number and a full name, take that phone number and start going over your phone bills and see if that number comes up any, thats where I would start. Now a word of caution, depending on how long ago that was done the phone number current may not be the same phone number at the time this was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks