What's new

THPS 4 on PS2, is it 480p? (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I moved my preorder on THPS 4 to the PS2 version the other day because of the online play(I initially thought I could live without it, but reading the online modes available, I couldnt resist.) Sure, when I gave up the Xbox version I gave up 480p(my TV doesnt support 720p) and 5.1, as well as custom soundtracks, but I gained online play out of the box!
My question, and no websites even mention it and of the 6 retailers I asked, no one knows if the PS2 version will support progressive scan on PS2. I am currently using monster S-Video, but would be willing to buy some component cables to play THPS4 in progressive.
So, does anyone have the answers? I would like to know so I can pick up my component cables when I pick up my copy of the game tomorrow.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I would also like to know if this game is 480p. I'm leaning toward getting it on my ps2 because of the online play.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I just got it today, and a set of component cables just in case(have been using monster S-video for a while, bought the $10 Pelican component cables today) and the game is not pro-scan. I dont see an option, but it is at least 16:9!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Tony Hawks Pro Skater, quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created. It is a drug, it infects your mind and body, and each new version of the drug is more addicting than the last.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Hows the online play? I'm still trying to decide between online play or progressive scan and custom soundtrack.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Havent gone online yet, too busy unlocking stuff. Once again, a bad ass hidden character is here!His backpack's got jets! It's Jango the Fett!
Sorry, that little silly quote about the character is in reference to a song. Go to www.mcchris.com to find the song with that character in the title!
This game is damn good. I almost got the Xbox version still, but I need to go online to test it out. Capture the flag on skateboards sounds too cool. Also looking forward to Combo Mambo!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks