What's new

Thoughts on Tosh SD5700 dvd player? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys!
I'm thinking of upgrading from my sd2109 (which I've been very happy with for the last 3 years). Do you think the sd5700 would be a good choice?
Thanks,
Aaron

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Aaron, since this unit isn't shipping yet, it's kinda difficult to answer your question! On paper, it looks like a winner though. There are 2 slightly different models - the SD4700 and 5700. The 4700 is black, the 5700 is silver and adds an HDCD decoder. Both are due late this month.
If you don't care about DVD-Audio playback, the SD3750 is something to consider. This model should start shipping any day now.
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Aaron,
I'm in the same boat. My 2109 has been truly awesome, and will stay in the house a bedroom player. However, I want to jump to progressive scan and DVD Audio soon. I'm waiting for the 5700 vs. the 4700, personally. Either way, with the prices quoted around, you can't go wrong.
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i am also waiting on the 5200. what is the best price being offered and from where? is anyone taking pre-orders?
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks