What's new

Thoughts on the EAD powermaster 2000 amp? (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Thinking of upgrading my wonderful 5 channel Parasound 2205a amp.The bug has hit!Is the 2000 a better performer than the Theta dreadnaught or the Cinepro? I have not heard either amp and am not close to any dealers.How does the Parasound compare to these amps?

Thanks,

Steve M.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Steve,
In my opinion, when you start talking about amplifiers in the Cinepro, EAD PM 2000, Theta Dreadnaught class you are talking about slight performance increases for a drastic increase in price.
The PM 2000 should be available for a relative bargain price, and if your outlet can deliver the power would probably be the best price/performance of the lot.
OTOH, you know I'm very fond of my Cinepro :D
Regards,

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
I've owned my PM 2000 for a couple of months and I think it's an excellent amp. Solid, detailed, and very nice punch for home theater. I have it connected to my Lexicon M-12. I never get tired of listening to it. One thing though, its VERY heavy, and deep in size. I bought mine used, ( 1 1/2 yr old)for $2,900. I'd check out the audiogon web site.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Having heard all of these amps, I much prefer the Dreadnaught for its way with music. But, if you can get any of them for a lot cheaper than the others, get that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks