1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the EAD powermaster 2000 amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, May 16, 2002.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Thinking of upgrading my wonderful 5 channel Parasound 2205a amp.The bug has hit!Is the 2000 a better performer than the Theta dreadnaught or the Cinepro? I have not heard either amp and am not close to any dealers.How does the Parasound compare to these amps?

Thanks,

Steve M.

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Steve,
    In my opinion, when you start talking about amplifiers in the Cinepro, EAD PM 2000, Theta Dreadnaught class you are talking about slight performance increases for a drastic increase in price.
    The PM 2000 should be available for a relative bargain price, and if your outlet can deliver the power would probably be the best price/performance of the lot.
    OTOH, you know I'm very fond of my Cinepro [​IMG]
    Regards,

3. JackIR

JackIR Stunt Coordinator

I've owned my PM 2000 for a couple of months and I think it's an excellent amp. Solid, detailed, and very nice punch for home theater. I have it connected to my Lexicon M-12. I never get tired of listening to it. One thing though, its VERY heavy, and deep in size. I bought mine used, ( 1 1/2 yr old)for $2,900. I'd check out the audiogon web site.

4. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

Having heard all of these amps, I much prefer the Dreadnaught for its way with music. But, if you can get any of them for a lot cheaper than the others, get that one.