What's new

This will disappoint fans of Law & Order... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For release on 8/26, at an SRP of $29.98 each, Universal is planning to release these titles, each containing 2 discs:

* Law & Order: Badge of Dishonor
* Law & Order: Organized & Unsolved Crimes

While that is the total extent of the available info so far, it is clear that these are best-of releases and not the Season 2 sets that are clearly desired by the fans.

I'll keep you updated as more is revealed!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
If they are going to continue with the season sets at all, I can't help wondering if they will include the crossover episodes they had with Homicide: Life on the Street. Same question for H:LotS, that they would also have the L&O crossovers. I think they should include them... though it's kind of a drag for me... I never got into L&O but always loved Homicide! The only Law & Orders I watched were the crossovers!

Ric

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I will not be purchasing "best-of" sets. Not worth the money you end up paying, usually.

However, I'd be first in line for the Season 2 set.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I have to think this is along the lines of other series where there are best-ofs for the casual purchaser and season sets for the dedicated fan. I cannot believe they would only now be announcing the first series in R2 if they were going to be abandoning the series releases -- the Julia Roberts 2 parter is also getting a separate release in R2 shortly before this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a season 2 announcement in the near future -- I only hope the R2 version closely follows (or precedes ;)) the R1 release.

I also hope they plan on doing SVU and the 3rd series as well regardless of the pilot episode showing -- it really seems a poor barometer for interest in the show; I should think ratings would be better guides.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
David,

Thank you for this news, even if it is not what we wanted to hear. :frowning: Can you suggest a course of action? Is there a number we can call or an address we can write to at Universal to make our feelings known? I would love to tell them how much I enjoyed the first season box.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
This is truly a disappointment. I really wanted Season sets.

David, I know you have previously reported that Season 1 did not sell well, but exactly how poor were the numbers ?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think that the release on 6/3 of the CSI spin-off show premiere episodes in conjunction with this new release basically proves that Uni feels that the property has enough interest to earn them money.

As I've pointed out multiple times, Uni is presently constraining themselves from releasing season sets of ANYTHING to increase their value for the bidding process that owner Vivendi goes through ever since the studio has been put up for sale. The lone exception we've speculated on is Galactica, and I tend to agree that BG will probably be the exception.

What can you do for now? Probably nothing but the usual: wait. You can show your support for the property by buying these best-ofs, so they don't get forgotten later on (figure you'll sell them later). Call or e-mail them if you have contact info (sorry, none handy and I'm too lazy tonight to go look :D ).

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Yes this is disappointing!! I'm really waiting on season 3 as that's when I started to become familiar with it though i'd consider a season 2 purchase.

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
This is disappointing and I will not be purchasing the "best of sets". Season Two, however, will be a quick sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks