What's new

This nightly tradition of barking dogs must end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I swear ever since these neighbors of mine moved next to me, their dog does nothing but bark between 6 pm and 11 pm, I've had enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
James, my advice would be to talk to your neighbor about it in a calm, reasonable fashion. That is the first step. Perhaps your neighbor lived in a less populated area before, and does not realize his/her dog is annoying to the neighbors. Or maybe the dog is having trouble adjusting to its new surroundings, and the neighbor is letting it adjust, again without realizing the dog is annoying the neighbors.

The next step, if your neighbor is unwilling to work with you, should be to call your local animal control/humane society and ask them for help. I am not an expert in these things, so unfortunately, my advice ends here. However, animal control or the humane society should be able to give you advice on handling the situation.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
The next step is to get a 100W horn capable of playing 30kHz or higher notes, aiming it at your neighbors, and playing a 130+ dB note at a range only the dog can hear. Everytime the dog starts, turn it on.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Why don't you get Newman and Kramer to kidnap the dog and drive it to the country

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It'll find its way back with evidence that you kidnapped it, though.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
It's funny you should mention this. Apparently one of my neighbors just got a big dog that seems to bark from around 12 midnight to 6 am, which is my prime sleep time. Amazingly enough, he seems to stop right after I'm up for work. I think I managed to get about an hour of sleep last night. :angry:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Our white trash neighbor has varying number of little yippers roaming in their yard..(in between the deflated swimming pool, broken down swingset, and 4 foot tall grass/weeds)The thing is they NEVER..I repeat NEVER pay attention to them. The dogs are out 24/7.

The family has 3 little girls and I think they bought them puppies for Xmas or something, and the novelty wore off so out to the backyard they go.

I've called the animal control twice in the last two years and usually that has helped...Thye do bark now and again, but I think they toss them in the garage at night.

It amazes me at how people just buy pets just for the sake of saying.."Hey look I have a dog!"

The dude is a big overweight washed up lookin high school football player and his wife is a total zero (I visited with her briefly about splitting the cost of a new fence, and was met with the deer caught in the headlights look)...needless to say I gave up trying to reason with them.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
My neighbor approached me a few weeks ago about our dogs. My female dog barks at the rattles in her head.

My dogs spend the day outside in their kennel while we are at work. When we are home the dogs come in the house. I was unaware of the dogs barking all day and bothering the neighbor. The ladys elderly parrents live with them and sleep at various times throughout the day and the dogs barking was keeping them awake.

I was very happy that the neighbor came and told us about the problem. I thanked her for being upfront and honest with me. After a couple weeks with bark collars we asked the neighbor if the dogs were still bothering them. Thank goodness they havent.

Talk with your neighbors :emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
We had to use a bark collar on our dalmatian puppy do to her barking (she wanted in the house). A few months with the collar and her excessive barking has stopped. We don't use the collar anymore.

I, could not stand the barking and got the collar. We had no complaints but we wanted to stop it, for our own sanity, and before we got complaints.

Talk to your neighbors. If that doesn't work, OTC sleeping pills in a hotdog. ;)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
James has not responded to our posts.

Maybe he took our advice and met with an untimely end.

Shouldn't we call an ambulance or a hearse or something?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont get the barking dog think a all.
why doesnt it bother te people who own these dogs.

my own wife will put our dogs in the yard and will leave them out there barking all day if i let her.

she just says she doesnt hear it or it doesnt effect her.

for me the minute they start to bark i have had enough.
plus i tried to make her aware that we cannot complain about next door barking at night if our dogs are out all day barking.

we have been in this house 5 years.
when we first moved in, maybe for abot 2 years, next yard over dog would go out at night and bark for hours.
turns out the guy would put his dog out and fall asleep.
i had to egt police to bang on his door for half an hour one time to get him to get the dog inside.

this was 3 in the am when i needed to be up for work at 6.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I have two dogs and I can't understand how any dog owner could just let them yap away all day. On the days that I'm home they spend most of their time outside but if they start barking I fly out that back door lickety-split. For one thing I hate the sound of barking dogs and for another thing if they're all riled up about something then I want to see what all the fuss is about.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Sorry about the problem.

I have barking dogs in my neighborhood too. It's funny, up until I became a home owner, I like dogs. I've own one myself when I was a kid in an open country area. I've always like animals.

However, with all the droppings, barking, and this running free black dog that almost attacked my daughter, I'm starting to wonder if people should really hold their urge to own a dog unless they live in an open area far from neighbors.

Sorry about my feelings but thread like this always make me upset. I know there are responsible dog owners but it only takes one or two irresponsible dog owners or a difficult dog to ruin it for everyone. :frowning:

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I had one of those nonstop barkers right behind me, turned out the dog was desperately ill and the owners just ignored it until if finally died. This broke my heart.

There's a little yappy one back there now, one of those Frasier's dad's dogs bought for the kids who pretty much have ignored it since the puppy thing wore off. It's not a constant barker though, only sporadic. I used to be annoyed about it until I found out it only had it's barking fits when my cat was teasing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks