What's new

This nightly tradition of barking dogs must end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Jack Russell Terrier! We had one. Very intellingent and innate hunters. So, the cat teasing him would just drive him bananas.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor

Me too! Don't people understand that dogs are social animals and need to be around other people? When you tie a dog up in your backyard and ignore it of course it's going to bark. The dog is slowly going insane trying to get someone's attention by barking. If you don't have time to spend with a dog, then don't get a dog! Pretty simple.

If I had a neighbor with a non-stop barking dog I would talk to the neighbor first and if that didn't solve the problem I'd get the police involved.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Funny story about a jack terrier and cats:

Buddy of mine grew up in Fresno, they had a jack terrier that like most animals in their area ran free (at least a non-fenced neighborhood.) So cats are always disappearing in this neighborhood for years, but since they also have a cat (and the jack terrier and the cat get along) everyone dismisses this dog as the culprit. Well, a few years after the dog dies they went to dig up the back yard for a pool. Must have been 40-50 cat skeletons buried back there. They didn't tell the neighbors, they figure he didn't touch their cat baecause either it was his cat, or he knew it would give him away. And he only took one every so often, so it wasn't so obvious.

Crazy, huh? A serial cat killing dog.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Maybe the dog was like Lennie from "Of Mice & Men" and it just petted those cats too hard.

- Colton

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have both a cat and a dog, dog older by 8 years or so. My dog will attack any cat except "hers", which she will actually defend if a strange cat comes into the yard. Likewise the dog will bark to let me know the cat wants in or out, but won't bark to be let in herself.

This particular cat was abandonned by her mother shortly after weaning, and was actually adopted by a Queensland Healer dog. When I first got her as little kitten she immediately thought my little corgiterripoo was her new mommy, much to the dog's chagrin.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
It is a big yard and the dog dug all the time out there. One covered hole looks just like any other...

BryanW

Agent
My neighbor also had a late nite barker so about 3:00am I called them on the phone and when he answered I began barking at him ! He got the hint :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks