What's new

This Just In: another pre/pro (1 Viewer)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Just thought I'd run this baby up the HTF flagpole. Can't seem to find a lot of info online about this unit but this is what I have from the local dealer.
Audio Refinement : Pre-2 DSP
Dolby 6.1 EX, Dolby D 5.1, DTS 6.1 ES & 5.1
5.1 analog in.
4 analog ins with digital bypass option
24-bit 80/100 mips Motorola 56362 chip set
4 digital ins 2 outs
2 component, 4 composite, 2 s-vid
OSD
2 12 volt triggers
3 point support platform
IEC component AC cable
3 year parts & labour.
Specs:
10hz-20khz +/- 3db
90db S/N
MSRP Cd$2000.00 can get for 1750.00
Thats all I have for now. They don't have one in stock so I can't audition it right now but when I go back for more info I'll see if they would bring one in to audition. I am on the waiting list for the 950 but if it gets delayed much more I can get either the Rotel 1066 or the Pre-2 DSP locally
;)
Brent

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Kevin,

"Hopefully that's a typo, otherwise it's terrible."

The Audio Refinement Complete Integrated is 10Hz - 40KHz, +/- 3dB, so it's possible that is the right spec and not a typo. Many people have commented on how the Complete Integrated sounds "tube-like", and it has been shown that there is a rolloff of the high frequencies much below 20KHz.

If the Audio Refinement is your cup of tea, I would wait for the Pre5DSP, which will be a better sounding component (and will have better specs, which we have discussed does not guarantee anything!).

Michael

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Quote:

Is it safe to assume this particular pre/pro does not do DPL II?

This is all the info I have so far should have more by the weekend. But I suspect it does not have DPL II.

Michael, I wouldn't say it's my cup of tea and I had no idea that there was a Pre-5 DSP on the horizon. I am still hoping for the Outlaw 950 but just checking out alternatives.

Brent

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Obviously this isn't as new as I was led to believe. Or it's older technology inside. I'm still learning ,thanks for the heads up on the chip set.:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks