What's new

This is Jack Briggs, and I am homeless. (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Hi Jack, I am so glad to hear that there's some light at the end of the tunnel coming your way. It's great to hear from you under any circumstances.

Jack Briggs said:
First off, Los Angeles is in my heart. It has been my home for thirty years. Yet, in the early days of what I call "my situation" (sounds better than "homelessness," no?) the small town of Nashville seemed like an easy out. Add to that the then palpable sense of panic, and there you go. I made an error (at no small cost to my good friends at Home Theater Forum).

For what it's worth - I have absolutely no regrets about doing what little I could to help in that situation, and I would imagine everyone here would feel the same. You had an opportunity to try something different, and it didn't work out as you had hoped, but you felt like you had to try. It takes a bit of bravery to move to an unfamiliar place under the best of circumstances, even more so when the situation is less than ideal. I'm sorry it didn't work as you had hoped, but as far as I'm concerned, it was a gutsy thing to try and I'm in awe of you for giving it a shot.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Mike Frezon said:
Jack:

I don't think I'm being too presumptuous when I say that you just made the day for a lot of people here.

To hear from you...and to hear some good news...is a great thing. Thanks for letting us know and please don't be a stranger to these pages.
Best birthday present I got this year.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Great to hear from you, Jack! Even better to hear your long, strange journey appears to be nearing an end. I'll hoist a cold one in your name after I go to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm next month. :biggrin: Hope to see you around here more often.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Clinton McClure said:
Best birthday present I got this year.

For me too!

Great to hear from you Jack.

And even greater it's going to work finally. And what Peter said: after paying for SS so many years, please are some allowed to get paid when necessary?

Best of luck, best of health and we're so glad you're one of us!

Cees

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm late to this thread (just discovered it today), but wanted to wish you all the best. I digested much of it this evening and hope some words from your first post will stay with me for a while: "Appreciate what you have."

Thanks Jack, for your openness, your fortitude, and most of all your spirit.

All the best in luck, health, and the future.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Woah! Jack, so sorry that life has dealt you such a very tough hand these last few years. Only just now came across this thread when I spotted it on the "Recent Topics" shortlist (due to the latest update) -- I haven't been that regular on HTF myself in recent years and also don't often drop into this section when I do visit.

Glad to hear that the "light" looks realistically in view now... though there's still some ways to go.

I missed out on the community helping hand offered at the beginning, but would very gladly offer what help I can now... now that you've found your way back here again. Is your PayPal account (set up at the beginning) still active and working for you?

Let us know what additional help we (or I anyway) can offer... perhaps at least to help you get from now til that "light" still some ways off...

Shalom...

_Man_

PS: IF you could use additional help from caring people right there in LA (beyond those working at the shelter and any others you've befriended), let me know that as well. I have a couple (reasonably well connected) friends in LA who might possibly be of help -- let me know via PM or email and I'll try connecting you w/ them, if that sounds like a good lead for you...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Jack,

It is great to hear from you, and to know that the future looks brighter for you. Please continue to drop in when you are able and let us know how things are progressing. As you can tell, a lot of folks here have you in their thoughts.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Thanks for the update, Jack. We love you, too, in case you hadn't noticed. It gladdens my heart to know you have an "out" to look forward to soon. Let us know what we can do to help you survive and cope until August.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks