What's new

This has been beaten to death . . . (1 Viewer)

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
but I'm going to be needing some more component cables soon, and I'm wondering if I should go with monster or a place online like blue jeans. I'm not really into all the technical talk, I'm simply interested in what's going to give me the best picture. I've seen the M Series monster (the 1000's) on ebay for like 40-65 dollars, depending on the day. I also get a nice discount on Monster, so I can get the Monster 3's and the THX component's for under 60 bucks. Which is the best route, in whoever's opinion?

On a sidenote, I know there was some question as to whether monster component's are actually capable of HD. The Monster 2's and the THX 1000's strangely enough don't say anything about it, but the Monster 3's have an HDTV sticker on the front. Thanks everyone!

Brandon

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Actually the Monster 2's do have the HDTV logo on the front as well.
I am trying to research the actual bandwidth on these cables (another thread here got me interested) but right now all that is available is that they claim the Video 2 and Video 3 are good for HDTV, and that the THX 1000's have better bandwidth than any of the others.
There are a lot of people who say the cables are overpriced, but it sounds like you have access to an EPP on them or something which does kind of make them a no brainer. If you can get the THX 1000s for $60 or less then to me it's a no brainer... you can't lose. You could even get the Video 2's for way cheaper than that, and not many people would argue that they are worse than similar online retailers in that price range. (I don't think, but I have been wrong before) lol

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well if you're running the cables from your DVD player and the distance is only a few meters then its rather irrelevant if they've got an HDTV sticker on them. considering thought that those are your two brand choices, then why not pick the one with the thickest gauge and the most shielding?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks