What's new

Theater in a Box (1 Viewer)

Doug Rent

Auditioning
I recently purchased a combined DVD player and receiver unit home theater in a box. I set it up and began playing movies. But on some movies the screen freezes. It just stops playing and the only way to reset it is to take out the movie. I thought it might be a player problem so I took it back and exchanged it for another. Same problem. The movie froze in exactly the same place. Then I thought it must be the movie. So I took the movie back and replaced it with a new one. Result: Same problem in the exact same location. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? Is it just that I bought a cheap player or what? Any info is welcome. Thanks.

Ergin Guney

Agent
This sounds very much like a compatibility problem. Some DVDs may have digital errors in the mastering or software incompatibilities with the DVD spec that causes problems with some players but not with others. Conversely, some players may have bugs in their firmware (i.e., the software that operates the player) that causes problems with some discs but not with others. Where the blame lies in your particular case depends on the specifics of that particular problem (which movie with which player model is causing it).

If I were you, I would search the archives of this forum and other forums like this on the Net, as well as postings on Usenet (through groups.google.com) for a combination of the name of that particular movie and the model name of your player. You may come across discussion of the same problem by others. That may give you some pointers.

If not, then you might want to try posting another thread here, but this time mentioning the detailed specifics of the movie and the player model and exactly at which chapter at what time position the problem occurs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks