What's new

theater floor - to vibrate / buttkick or not. (1 Viewer)

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
building theater in the garage, currently a cement floor. option A - to leave cement and carpet over thus creating no vibration transmission from subwoofer, or option B - to make a floating plywood deck , mounted on rubber blocks,and not screwed to walls (to prevent walls and house from shaking- isolate) and to install buttkickers to assist the subs low freq .
i really dont know what it would be like to hear the boom and not feel it shake me. is it better theatrical experience?

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Darron, I designed and built my theater and did not "float the floor" but just put pad and carpet down on my concrete floor. My couch/seats shake VERY EXTREMELY well...but my two SVS subs might have something to do with that too! If you want more "shake" then definitely build a floating floor! :D

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
go with the floating floor. i boxed in an 8 foot section of floor joist and installed a philips 12" woofer in it. no air inlet to the room, just shakes the floor. and the couch. and anything else that happens to be on the floor. very neat sensation when you get a buzz from the floor or couch. gets the adrenaline going! do it!

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks