What's new

Theater finally done! (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
After 2 1/2 years of Saturdays my ht is finally done. I'd like to thank everbody here at the forum for all their help in answering the questions I had. Special thanks to Parker for helping me to get my pictures here. The name of my ht is Cinema 34 and can now be found in the members gallery. I hope the pictures can maybe inspire someone else to build their own home theater. Thanks again to everyone who helped.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Great ROOM but I HATE the chairs... j/k

HATE = the fact that you own them and I don't! :b

What equipment are you running in the room?
What was the first movie you watched opening night?
My room (rebuild of my room) will be completed later this week and what will be the 1st movie is the topic of discussion in my home.

Time 4 you to kick back and enjoy on a job well done!:emoji_thumbsup:

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks for the compliment Jordan. And Brian, thank you as well. As for the equipment:
Kenwood 4080 receiver(110 watts per chan)
Panasonic RP-91 dvd player
Sanyo PLV-60 projector
JBL ND-310's for the mains
JBL S-Center
JBL PB12 sub
Polk Fxi30's for surrounds
Dalite 106" screen
The first movie we watched on opening night was "Star Wars:A New Hope" from the recently released trilogy on dvd.Everyone was floored and had a great time!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to decide what my grand opening movie will be when my theater is finished, and while Star Wars is tempting, I think I will stick to my old standby when I upgrade: JAWS.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
VERY awesome. You have probebly answered this in another thread already, but what are the demensions of your HT room? I have a space that I am planning to convert into a dedicated HT and it looks like it is close to the same size as yours. I just hope it turns out as nice as yours did. The seating is, for lack of a better term "Pimpzilla" haha:D

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks Chris. The dimensions of the room are 14' wide, 26 ' long, with a ceiling height of 7' 2". I'm sure your room will look great when its done. The only suggestion I can give is,take your time. Whether its picking out a color for the walls, carpet, whatever. It may seem like you'll never get done, but its worth it in the end.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hi Gary,

Nice work :emoji_thumbsup: As an afficiando of in wall systems, good job on your rack. You'll have to get some close-up shots of the millwork so we can all take a look. Looking forward to more shots!

Cheers,
Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Excellent! I like, what looks to be like a dark oak stain for the trim work... correct? That is a serious old school tape deck you've got there. Please tell me those are analog VU metres and press down buttons on the deck!!! I got rid of all my cassettes, but I still love old audio gear.

Cheers,
Andrew

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Yes Andrew, those are analog vu meters and press down buttons! The tape deck and equalizer below it are'nt used, but I need something to help fill up the rack until I get more gear to fill it up. And yes, that is a dark wood stain on the trim. Dark walnut to be exact.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Sweet! All that's missing from the rack is a classis Realistic 8-Track player with some classic carts like 'Boston' and 'Bat Outta Hell'. Like the stain choice, really makes the rack stand out against the black rack.

Cheers,
Andrew

Dan_Morez

Agent
Looks Great! I really like the textured walls.
How high is your screen from the floor? and does everyone have a great view?

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Hi Dan. I thought the textured walls would give the room a little character. The screen is 25 and 1/2 inches up from the floor. The front row is about 12' back from the screen which puts the back row at around 15 to 16' from the screen. The riser is 8" high so everyone in the 2nd row has a great view of the screen.

danielV

Auditioning
Great HT. I am currently in the planning stages and have almost identical dimensions. Do you feel you have enough walking room on the sides with 4 seats per row - how many feet on each side? ALso, what chairs are those?

Thanks

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Hi Daniel. The chairs are from Lazboy and the material is microfiber. We have 2 feet of walk space down each aisle and it works out fine. As a test,place a lawn chair(or any chair with arms) 2 feet from the wall, walk between the chair and the wall and see what you think. If it feels too close for your liking, then go with 3 chairs to a row. We, however, feel it works fine for us.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks Travis. Seeing the pics of your ht in progress really took me back. There may be times your gonna feel like its never going to get finished but hang in there. I felt like that on more than one occasion. Can't wait to see yours when its done!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks