What's new

The World Is Not Enough: OOP? (1 Viewer)

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
I havent been able to find it anywhere. Is MGM holding it back so it can be reissued again?

Brian E

Screenwriter
All of the Bond films have been OOP for quite a while now. They have just started re-releasing them. The first eight, I think it was eight, reissues took place a week or two ago. TWINE was not part of the first wave. I don't know if a date has been announced for it yet as I haven't really been following the Bond info (already have them).

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I picked up a PVD version for $10 from a local store a couple of days ago. Not the best Bond, but decent.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I heard that MGM is re-releasing them once a year: Fall 2002, Fall 2003, Fall 2004. I would REALLY hope they do it sooner than that like they did previously. Does anyone know how often they will re-release them? Hopefully we'll see another boxed-set by the time DAD comes out on DVD.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I heard that MGM is re-releasing them once a year: Fall 2002, Fall 2003, Fall 2004. I would REALLY hope they do it sooner than that like they did previously. Does anyone know how often they will re-release them? Hopefully we'll see another boxed-set by the time DAD comes out on DVD.
My understanding is that the third and final set will coincide with the release of Die Another Day on DVD. I've never heard anything official about one set per year and frankly, it just wouldn't make sense to do it that way.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I hope that you're right, that would satisfy me more. If it is that way, I would guess that DAD will be out sometime maybe in May, if the 3rd set comes out that same day, then the 2nd set would be out maybe in January or Febuary. It DOESN'T really make sense for only one a year. We'll just have to wait for something offical.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Just out of curiosity, this seems to be as good a place to ask as any, can someone explain to me how they're sorting the movies into box sets? It just seems like they took 8 random Bond movies, threw them into a box, slapped a price tag on it, and shipped. Is there any method to the madness?

Brian E

Screenwriter
I heard that MGM is re-releasing them once a year: Fall 2002, Fall 2003, Fall 2004.
I can't say you're wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sure they'll want to get them all out before DAD comes out. They'll then put them on moratorium at some point so they can do the same thing when Bond 21 (whatever it'll be called) comes out two or three years from now.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I recall something official saying that the ones in the recent box set of 7 were the most requested bond films.... It looks like they also needed a bit of representation from each Bond in it (except Lazenby). I personally would have liked The Living Daylights over License To Kill in this first set but I suppose it'll be here eventually.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the final box will ship with "Die Another Day", which given the previous pattern with TWINE I'd say puts the next box set sometime in March range and the final one in June/July

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks