What's new

The West Wing 5/22/02 Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Chuck Parker

Agent
I doubt we'll see Ainsley Hayes again, since she's the latest West Wing supporting player to hop over to the CSI franchise....

Great episode, great television. I can't wait to see how they handle the full-swing presidential campaign next year.

-chuck

Mike Monti

Stunt Coordinator
The only real fault I had with the ep.was
Why would they fire Lily Tomlin (forget the name) just for hiring Charlie? What possible reason could there be? He's been a fine employee so far hasn't he :) ?
Otherways it was great.
Mike

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
'Ainsley' will be on the new CSI:Miami spinoff.

So far as Pres Barlett "just trying to be nice" with Ritchie, he may have been polite, but he was condescending. He and Toby have had discussions in the past about how his elitism and air of intellectual superiority doesn't play well in many circles. Hopefully next season will have a reasoned debate on the relative merits of intelligensia versus relatability.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My VCR cut off at the ending after Leo nods his head to Pres. Bartlet that the deed has been done. Did anything happen after that?
Nothing really happened after this. Bartlett goes behind the curtain and you see his profile and that was the end of the episode. A great show, indeed. I really liked the Mark Harmon character, but I should have seen this coming.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Post deleted by Administrator Do NOT re-post - Political comments (left or right) are not welcome here.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Chris for dragging the discussion down with your right wing drivel. It's crap like that that gets threads closed.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Charlie definitely said something like "...she was fired because she hired me". I am sure the details of this will be revealed at some point next season. As Larry said, let's keep the focus on the show, so the people who enjoy this show can continue this discussion.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Has there been confirmation that Lily Tomlin is coming back? I would assume she must be otherwise they would have explained Charlie's statement better.

Does anyone tape The West Wing? I remember a flashback episode, maybe at the beginning of this season, where Josh hired Charlie to be the Prez's assistant (or whatever Charlie's title was). What was Charlie's position at the WH before if Lily hired him?

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Good question. I don't know if it's ever been addressed. His character was first introduced as just a messenger job applicant I believe. Then Josh stepped in to hire him as the President's asst.

Mike Monti

Stunt Coordinator
IIRC he came in as an applicant for an messenger position but jush had the lady in charge of the dept. (who now proves to be Lilly Tomlin) on the lookout for people who would make a good "body man" for the prez. As she obviously did her job well (we all like Charlie) I don't see how she could have been fired for it.

I think they'll probably have to say that the job was promised to the son/daughter, nephew/niece, whatever of an influential somebody or other that arranged her firing.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
In case you are wondering who edited your post it was me. If you feel an explanation is necessary email me.

To all the rest of you,
Sorry about that. I would have caught it sooner but wanted to watch the show first before coming here. Another great episode.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Golly, I actually got to see a post just before it was sent to the cornfield! :D
Wish I hadn't taped over this episode already.
Re: Lily Tomlin's character...
I did not get any sense that her hiring of Charlie was connected to the White House or even the government. What did I miss that placed them some specific place? He said, "She was fired because she hired me."
My guess was that there was a racial motive, but that's just me.
Jim

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
How is that a Secret Service agent actively guarding someone whose life is threatened, while at an event the president was attending wasn't wearing a vest?

Bummer the clerk was too freaked out to try and signal him about the 2nd bad guy.

I agree CJ can't catch a break.

It is truly great show.

Love the "when I decided to kick your a**" line.

Mike Monti

Stunt Coordinator
Migh-- um- Television Without Pity should have the synopsis up in a few days and that will help but I remember hearing something to the effect of her being the lady in charge of Personnel for the White house.
I could find out for sure by heading over to TWoP but quite honestly that place is a madhouse. Everyone seems to feel that Aaron Sorkin is talking personally to them and when they get offended it becomes everybody's business. I'm not explaining very well but just to show what I mean, the ep where Josh posts on a BB and gets snarked to death is based on several very real incidents that happened to A. Sorkin (who posts there under the nom de plume of Benjamin, his middle name). Very Snarky.
Anyway we'll find out soon. I can't believe they would get Lilly Tomlin for just a one-off (tho' that's just about what they did to John Larroquette, was great. Even though I wouldn't hire someone who showed up stoned to sweep my driveway much less be POTUS's secretary.

RichardMA

Second Unit
"Duh, I'm a secret service agent an' I'm too stoopid
to realize there might be an accomplice."
What a show indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks