What's new

The West Wing 5/22/02 Season Finale (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
"And in case you're wondering it was at 'crime, boy, I don't know' when I decided to kick your ass."
I love this show :D

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
What a show. I think *I'm* going to need therapy now. :)
What was the song being played after C.J. learned the fate of her special agent?
- Steve

Mike Monti

Stunt Coordinator
I was thrown off by the song. It had a distinctly Leonard Cohen feel to it but the voice wasn't right. Now I know why, thanks.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Carl, thanks...that is where I've heard the song before!

- Steve

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Bartlett to Gov. Ritchie: "In the future, if you're wondering, 'Crime...boy, I don't know' is when I decided to kick your ass." :emoji_thumbsup: :D

CharlesD

Screenwriter
It seems like Steve and I started threads on this show at the same time.
Michael*K: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
That was the best line of the season IMO :)

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Michael and Charles, I was going to post that quote if someone else didn't.:)
What an episode... I wasn't sure the show would be able to elevate itself into something even better than it is every week, but there you go.
I knew what would happen to Donovan as soon as he turned his back, but knowing and dreading and seeing the obvious mistake he's making makes the scene even more effective.
In regard to "Hallelujah," while the song is good, I had to roll my eyes at the concept of yet another episode ending with a musical sequence, which all TV shows seem to love. It's become an annoying cliche, I think, and I don't fall for it anymore. The events of the story stand on their own without this device, which only serves to cheapen them.
But my primary concern with this otherwise brilliant episode was the portrayal of Ritchie; I know people like him exist, probably in high places, but I was liking the way the show manages to be about politics without being much more biased than it has to be. It presents counterpoints as reasonable and focuses on idealism as a virtue rather than the Democratic platform, which played well to a moderate like me. I hope this caricature of a conservative doesn't indicate a turn for the bitter, because I won't watch a weekly attempt at persuasion, no matter which way the politics lean.
Really though, I love this show.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A good season finale; I really enjoyed it. But I was really disappointed at Special Agent Simson's (?) exit from the show. That was just depressing. :frowning:
I still don't get the deal with Amy, and her failure to see the forest for the trees.
I loved it when Sam put on his 'angry eyes' and conjured up the "keep Ritchie from the theater" routine :D

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Great ep. Love this show.

What was the name of the song they playes just after Mark Harmon's character was shot? A friend asked me and it's on the tip of my tongue.

Thanks...

Ivan

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
My VCR cut off at the ending after Leo nods his head to Pres. Bartlet that the deed has been done. Did anything happen after that?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Ivan, Do you mean the same song posted about above???
I'll agree that episode rocked... when are we going to get this series on DVD :D
Brian

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thought James Brolin did an excellent GWB impression? (Especially around the eyes).

Great episode, but does every season have to end with someone getting killed?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Great episode!!! I was utterly amazed when Ritchie began to dismantle/insult/rip into Bartlett. Damn! Then, when the President gets up to leave, and makes the statement everyone is quoting - how hysterical was that?! Sort of, "I was trying to be nice, you threw it in my face, but I'm not gonna kick ass because of that...I'm gonna beat you 'cause you're an idiot!"

I was also sorry to see Harmon's character go. As soon as he walked into the store, I knew what was going to happen. I kept yelling at the clerk to open his mouth about the second shooter...jeez - he could have ducked and warned the guy, ya know?!

Too bad CJ can't catch a break...

Looking forward to seeing Tomlin in the White House.

Looking forward to next year!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Larry,
I thought the same thing. I don't think they are pulling any punches as to who the Ritchie character is supposed to represent. :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping Jed would have said, "I don't care if you ARE married to Barbara Streisdand. I'm the star of this show and I'm going to kick your ass." :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I kept yelling at the clerk to open his mouth about the second shooter...
Actually, I think the guy Donovan collared was just a customer, also stuck there. They way he moved very little, was holding the bag of chips, and was silent the whole time, told me he wasn't the bad guy. Also, in contrast, the robber was more disheveled and looked more freaked out.
That was such a sad scene, because the one time Donovan makes a simple mistake -- assuming he had things under control, and so dropping his guard -- he loses his life. :angry: :frowning:

Don Black

Screenwriter
Dave,

I don't think so because the handcuffed guy reached for a weapon at first and Donovan removed it and put it in his jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks