What's new

THE TIME TUNNEL back on the tube.... (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Fox and ABC are battleing it out over a new TIME TUNNEL series on TV.
I will just say that they need do VERY LITTLE updating TO THE SHOWS
production design-most everything looked too cool as it was, and the Tunnel itself was perfect.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2001...etunnel_1.html
------------------

Mark,
I couldn't get to that thread. Can you re-post?
Any time tunnel reference always gets me thinking about one of my old buddies from grade school. This guy claimed to have built a time tunnel that actually worked. He swears it did. I never believed him of course, although I did spend some time watching it just in case the item inside would disapper.
laugh.gif

Simpler times indeed.
John

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wow this is an old thread.

anyway time tunnel IS back on the tube.

but it isnt new it's the origional.

starting friday 6-4 at 11 am est.

on encore action channel.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmm, 2 1/2 years since the original post. I guess this new version is not happening. :frowning:
Now if they could get John's friend's old "time tunnel" that "actually worked", they could do a reality version. THAT would probably make it on air!! ;)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wish the unaired pilot for the new pilot of Time Tunnel would see the light of day. I know it was filmed for FOX, but it wasn't picked up as a series.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think I'll take the chance and the 15 disks it will take to get the entire series, usually when series run on Encore they get remastered, also Encore might speed things up a tad but they are usually uncut. Even with the TV Boom on DVD I'm not convinced these will ever show up on disk

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I've got the "movies" edited from the series episodes on an old tape somewhere. WGN used to run them often.

I'll catch some of these on Encore to see them in the original form.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It looks like Encore is running them in original broadcast order. New episode every Friday at 11am (or thereabouts) with a repeat on Saturday at 9am.

M.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I saw the 2002 pilot. It was a good pilot. I think better than the pilot for the original series. It is a remimagined series in the way Battlestar Galactica reimagined itself for the new series on the sci-Fi Channel.

I will write a review and post a link in a couple of days.

But I will give a few details about the pilot in case it isn't included on the Second Volume of the Time Tunnel DVD set

In the 2002 pilot, Doug is an agent for the Department of Energy and Tony is a female scientist working on the High Fusion project which lead to the Time Tunnel. The High Fusion project lead to 240 minutes of chaos (or the 240) that caused a rip in time that changed many things in history. The team at the Time Tunnel go to points where there are time storms (the only places in history they can travel to) to stop the damage caused during the 240. Tony is one of the few who remembers what the present used to be like before the 240.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 5555, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must brind your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
Timetravel.jpg

:D Sorry, had to be done.:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hunter, I have a Nigerian bank account that you can use to keep your funds safe while you time travel. Please send me your account information and I will transfer your funds safely and securely without your having to do anything.
:D

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (saw the new series and the Christmas special), but the unaired Time Tunnel pilot created for FOX is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks