What's new

The things you can find online........ (1 Viewer)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Ok this is gonna sound really really stupid but when I was a kid one of my favorite memorys of Disneyland was the Captain EO attraction. I remember the first time I saw it I was around 7 or 8 and everything about that attraction was awe inspioring to me the sure power of the sound system to the size of the screen. At anyrate my wife never had the good fortune of being able to see what was and still is what I think was a very entertaining attraction not to mention to this day cutting edge in many ways. So for shits and giggles tonight I searched for it under on Kazaa and low and behold I found the full movie. I dont know how the person has it but its straight off an original print straight down to the Countdown numbers at the beginning of it when the music starts. I was really amazed at this considering how tight Disney is on there attractions the technology behind them etc etc etc. Apparently they weren't watching closely enough and luckily someone was able to save this amazing piece of work that both George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola worked on. Still do this day one of the most expensive motion pictures ever made having a budget of 17 million dollars for a 17 minute moving equaling 1 million a minute in production. sorry just had to share.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it shown in the building that had the leaping fountains outside it? That's one of the things that I remember.

As far as Captain EO itself, I seem to recall it being released somehow; not on DVD or anything, but I can't help but think it was available to the public somehow whether it was some sort of video or re-released in select theaters.

Now you've got me wondering about what they've added to the place since I've been down there, which was over 10 years ago.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
its become honey I shrunk the audience, and the rest of tomorowland has since gone through some major remodeling about the only left from that time fram is Star Tours.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
hehe like I said I found it on Kazaa and I dont have 180MB of hosting space to put it up otherwise I would:)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My wife now fully understands the power of the internet.

Her mom lost her 3 teired cookie tray in a recent move. It was this old 50's style thing they must have got as a wedding present. Well, my wife found the exact same tray "STILL IN THE BOX!" at ebay.

I love that I can be listening to the local college station and while I am listening to a song, I can look it up and order the CD before the song is even over! Amazing.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Sorry cees :b But its not as though I'd ever be able to find it available anywhere where I could buy it and I'm not distrubuting it just simply was amazed I was able to find it.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jeremy,

I know. No apology necessary. That's why I only posted a warning to some of the posters this time.

Cees

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
hehe cool. I definately understand tha value of this being someones intelectual property and trust me if they sold it on a video/dvd I'd pay an amount of money to buy it. I'm not a Michael Jackson fan in anway or nething like that but its a rare colaboration between many great entitys in the film business. the copy I have though large is a xfer off a xfer, it was origanlly film of course that wa transfered quite well I might say to VHS by the looks of it, then of course xfred to an MPG file. I just think that its amazing how you can go out on the net and if you really want to find something you're pretty sure to find someone that has it. I'm not new to the net or this idea but the Internet truely has expanded to be a library to the world. Its just to bad that so many industries dont see the benefits of sharing knowledge over this global library of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks