What's new

"It Could Be You?" 1970s Era 5 Minute Animated Children's Occupation PSA's (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Here is another one of those titles that I vaguely remember from my childhood, which there appears to be absolutely no trace of available information online (Repeated Google and YouTube searches came up completely empty!), or anywhere else, so far as I am aware!

From what I still recall some 45 years later, "It Could Be You?" was an Animated Children's Occupation Information PSA that would air between the after school programming that I would watch circa 1976. It would have aired either on TVO (TV Ontario), or possibly ABC-TV, as these were the channels I viewed the most.

Each animated segment would spotlight a specific occupation that would be demonstrated to a group of children, who were the "It Could Be You?" segments regulars, which also featured a somewhat elderly Wizard character. The nearest thing I can describe is they were educational, sort of along the lines of Schoolhouse Rock, which is far better remembered, due in no small part, to Disney's multiple DVD releases, that now date back 20 years! (Boy, do I feel old! :D )

With the full understanding that finding out anything about the above is very much a long shot, any input relating to what I've posted above, would be most appreciated! :)

CHEERS! :)

P.S. In case it helps, the one line I recall from the opening title theme was "What's he doing under the sea? Could be you, could be me!" (For a Deep Sea Diver)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, I actually found it on IMDB! :)

There are also episodes of this and it's "The Most Important Person" predecessor on YouTube.

The Kingdom of Could Be You - the first episode:​

These early 1970s segments appear to have been produced in Chicago at the height of the "let's make TV more educational" movement.

Last edited:

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I was a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons at the time but I have no memory of that.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I was a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons at the time but I have no memory of that.
From what I've dug up on the show's history, it was somewhat regional, probably in the Midwest (It was produced for Chicago Television) mostly, and aired mainly after school when there was extra time that need filling, which matched up with my recall, as I definitely don't remember ever seeing them on Saturday mornings, either. Segments did also air within Captain Kangaroo episodes for a couple of years, from 1973-76.

Here is "The Kingdom Of Could Be You" Wikipedia page:

And also, it's parent show, "The Most Important Person" Wikipedia Page:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit70791
Recent bookmarks