What's new

The Sum of All Fears trailer link. (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Just watched the trailer. Looks good. If I can just get over Ben Afleck playing the role it might turn out to be an OK movie. As usual Morgan Freeman will help the movie along too. Probably my favorite actor in hollywood today and one of the most under-rated.

Jeff

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
This is the first and probably last time I will ever say this,"I actually read the book". I read "Clear & Present Danger", as well. Both were excellent. Should be a great movie, even with Ben and without James Earl Jones. I vividly remember Clancy's description of the "detonation". I said to myself, "Oh !! This is why people read books!!!". I was working on 3rd shift and bored out of my mind so I chose to do some reading. I haven't read a book since.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I think it looks pretty good actually.

"Umm...Kathy? I can't make it tonight...I can't tell you where I'm going."

"Go ahead, tell her where you're going. Tell her where you work."

"Honey, I work for the CIA, and the director has asked me to go along with him to Russia."

"That is so lame!"

-Sum of All Fears trailer.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
This is the first and probably last time I will ever say this,"I actually read the book". I read "Clear & Present Danger", as well. Both were excellent.
I had trouble truly enjoying any of the Clancy books-turned movies, simply because I read all the books beforehand. Granted, they were all excellent adaptations, but Clancy's books are all so complex and delve so deeply into the various plotlines, that any adaptation falls far short of the mark.
On that note, I will definitely be seeing this movie. It looks to be a loose interpretation chronologically and is thus forced to make a few slight creative changes to the plot to make it work. It will be like watching new material :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I was all for Affleck till I saw a bunch of footage on TV (ET I think). Now I'm a little worried. I loved Baldwin in the role and thought Affleck would play it like him. I'm not sure if it's going to come off that good or not.

But if it gets decent reviews or I see other footage that sells me on it, I'll give it a shot. I love the franchise.

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I was very skeptical, but I thought the trailer looked very good. Maybe it doesn't matter anyway since I've read the book, but seeing Morgan Freeman in the stadium pretty much tells me he's toast by the end of the movie even though he wasn't in the original book.

Another case of showing the whole movie in the trailer?

AjayM

Screenwriter
Ummm, it looks like a great movie, but I think this one is going to be even further from the books than the other 3. How are you going to have that ultra-tense ending from the book if Jack Ryan has just started working for the CIA?
Although on the other hand by having a "young" Jack Ryan they can totally do away with some of the normal plot lines in the book (like family and kids), I suppose we'll see no John Clark/Domingo (totally screw up the history between all of the films).
Anyways, I'm looking forward to it...just hope I can turn my brain off enough.. :)
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks