What's new

The Street Fighter (1974) (1 Viewer)

Terry St

Second Unit
Does anyone know if a decent version of this Sonny Chiba film exists, or if a new DVD is planned? I thought there might be some renewed interest in this film since Chiba is going to be in an upcoming Tarantino flick (Kill Bill), and since Tarantino seems to have been a longtime fan of this film. There appears to be several versions floating around now, but none of them look particularily promising. (soom look downright dodgy)

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I believe I read somewhere else that New Line had the rights and was planning a new release soon, but I can't remember where I read that.

I too am anxiously awaiting a good release of this cult classic.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
It looks to be a direct port of the LD and looks like $4.99, I needed my Chiba skull-crushin' fix and picked it up a year or so ago..

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I didnt think the VCI release from 2002 was all that bad. at least it did not ruin my fun with the film. cant wait to see a new dvd though.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I got a disc from DDD last year which has 3 or 4 Street Fighter movies on it for under $10. Not the greatest quality, but not *that* horrible IIRC, so if you just want a fix it's probably the best deal.

Terry St

Second Unit
So far this is about what I suspected. Perhaps this is the sort of thing that might get some attention after Kill Bill (assuming it does well) if not before. Anyways, I think I'll pick up one of the cheap copies of this just to hold me over.

Can anyone recommend any other Sonny Chiba flicks that feature good transfers or are good enough to be worth picking up now rather than waiting for better to come along?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks