What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think they were either $49.99 or $59.99 at C3. However, they were all sold out by the time I got there. Imagine that. :D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
When I do get one of these nice sabers I'll post it here. :) So even the .45 scaled ones are considered collectible items and high end? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :b

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Tim,
I look forward to seeing your updated profile photo when you get one of those sabers. :)
Yes, I totally dig those .45 scale replicas. The only way I can afford what I buy is because I had to make a decision. Like Louie said he only wants to do SideShowToy or Gentle Giants sculptures, I decided (after I was already accumulating too much), that I had to focus soley on Vader. While it is cool to have a full scale, limited edition Darth Vader EPIV saber, I really only bought it, initally, to complete my full-scale Vader. I had no idea what it would be worth, or, really, how cool it would be.
Those sabers, regardless of scale, are crafted really really well. And the .45 scale one, frankly, make more sense for people who want to have them on display in their hometheaters without them taking over the whole room.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I have a Darth Sidious .45 Scale lightsaber.

The detailing is good, and it has a nice feel of solid construction to it.

But man, the thing is tiny!!! It's the size of a Pez Dispenser.....minus the head.

But it's still nice. Looks good on a shelf.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Dome,
Where did you get yours? I know different stores had differnet colored exclusives.
I know the exclusives get people excited, but I guess I always want something that is as close as possible to the original prop. When they alter the color (making something chromed or silver, or gold), I guess I feel like I have some "less accurate" rather than something "exclusive." Maybe I am
just wierd!
;)
Here is a link to a jpeg:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...&fpart=18&vc=1

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Ooohh, Fun, I get to brag about my meager collection now :)
So far from Master Replicas;
The first version of the Anakin FX Lightsaber
The more recent Anakin EpIII FX Lightsaber
All the .45 hilts available from the MR site (Would love to get some of the exclusives)
And the Yavin Medal
I gotta say, I love the look and feel of the new FX sabers. Much tighter and cleaner than the original. And the Yavin Medal in the display box gets a lot of attention.
I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the full size hilts.
I love Master Replica's work.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE that Sideshow Grievous statue. If I wasn't setting that money aside for their Limited Edition Vader statue, I'd probably get it. I've already got my heart set on Darth, though, so unfortunately I won't be getting The General.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
I LOVE that Sideshow Grievous statue. If I wasn't setting that money aside for their Limited Edition Vader statue, I'd probably get it. I've already got my heart set on Darth, though, so unfortunately I won't be getting The General.
Same here, I'm getting Vader as well. I don't even know if I'll like Ep3- but that won't matter too much I guess. Darth Maul is still pretty cool even if the movie wasn't great. Still I don't have $450 to invest in this at the moment

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Chazz,
Do you have the Sideshow Vader pre-ordered or are you just going to try and get one on the secondary market? I missed out on pre-ordering for $350 when I had the chance and I'm kicking myself for letting that opportunity go by. Now I'll have to pay significantly more to get one. I think it will be worth it, though. That thing is awesome! :emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Rebelscum says those ESB 3-D posters were $20! It is smaller than the rest, but that seems like a deal.
Kurt, do you know where I can buy this 3D poster? And I'm not sure if this follows the same line of Code 3 Legendary Casts posters for A New Hope, ESB, and RotJ, going for $59.99 each on Amazon.

If so, why is this one so inexpensive compared to the rest?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Yeah I have 1 SS vader on Pre-Order Brent, as these things are so expensive since they are all 1/4 scale I'm just going to get ONE and that's Vader..

You might consider getting the Grievous and trading someone for the Vader later(i.e. selling it for a profit).... it'll surely be a hot item even more so after the film hits

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just got two of the Kotobukiya Japanese statues in the mail today: Boba Fett and Darth Maul. I saw them on display at Celebration III and thought they were pretty cool looking so I went ahead and ordered them online. The detail on these things is really amazing, especially the Boba Fett. Naturally they're not as high quality as the statues from Sideshow, Attakus, etc, but for a fraction of the price they're pretty nice display pieces. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
Rebelscum says those ESB 3-D posters were $20!
That is true. I was looking at them at C3 and didn't have any idea they were exclusive to the show. :frowning: The only regreat I have from C3 , other than that it was awsome!
Oh well, at least I got my C3 exclusive Vader figures.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Chazz,
Wow, that is a coincidence that we both got 2 of the same figures on the same day. I was really impressed with the Kotobukiya statues I saw on display at C3 so I decided to go ahead and order the Fett and Maul. I got both of them for $170(shipping and insurance included) so I can't really complain too much about the price. I was thinking about getting the Vader they have available now, but after I saw the one that's coming out in September I decided to just go ahead and wait for it. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but let me tell you it's absolutely AWESOME. In fact, I dare say that it looks nearly as good as the Gentle Giant, Sideshow and Attakus Vader statues. It's noticeably bigger than all the other Koto statues and it's much more detailed than their current Vader. When I saw it at C3 I was absolutely blown away and I can't wait until it's available. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Wow thanks for the heads up on that, I'll look through some C3 galleries and see if I can get a glimpse

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks