What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (2 Viewers)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Damn! Those are some great comparison pics from StarWarsHelmets.com. I can't wait to add this to my collection. IMO, it is a must have along with the Stormie buckett. Thanks for posting the link Travis. :)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Anyone in this thread get this 1/6th scale item from Sideshow?
It is a l/e of 4200 and is HUGE in person, like a small tv in size...30"l x 17" d x 13h. Anyone...?
htf_imgcache_12870.jpeg

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
The only Star Wars stuff I have, other than the movies, is two of the original three soundtrack albums (on vinyl).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Lil Louie, I have one since preorder, its still in the box, never removed....and a ton of other s/w 1/6th scale figs and stuff too. All in storeage...:O

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Man would I love to tour Louie's and Brent's home to see this in person. Just amazing how cool your stuff is. At my age I'm supposed to be-you know-mild mannered and mature etc...but seeing this stuff makes me rather JEALOUS!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:) Invite me over though, I swear I won't take anything ;)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
You're welcome over anytime Tim, but you'll have to stay for a movie and some gaming too. :)
Todd, I have all my old Hasbro 12" figures in storage too. 135+ IIRC. Not sure what is going to be done with them though.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hey, guys, it's been awhile since i've been in here but I have a question. I just bought the Rubie's supreme Darth Vader helmet, first off I love this thing! I've never had a full size Vader mask before and you really get a sense of how massive David Prowse must have been in full costume! :eek: Although I believe that the molds used for the supreme were taken from Hayden Christensen's lifecasts and not David's.
Now, my queation, I remember on one page of this thread someone provided a link to some guy who restores Vader masks, what is that site again? This thread is too large to go looking for it lol. I contacted him a couple of years ago about restoring my Don Post but he emailed me and said he couldn't restore those masks because they were too small and also because of the plastic they were made of would be ruined during his restoration procedure.
I'd like to get the new Rubie made over with real machined parts and the parts that are flat (why some parts of this helmet are flat black instead of gloss confuses me) given the proper gloss finish.
Thanks, guys. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Dennis*G said:
Hey John! Cool helmets, and you still owe us a General Grevious shot!
I tried to take a couple of pics last year but it didn't quite work out lol. I tried having my dad stand behind me but he's bigger than I am so you could see him.
The concept is easier than the actual execution. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Here are some pics of my latest aquisition...
htf_imgcache_15434.jpeg

htf_imgcache_15435.jpeg

Here's the Rubie next to my old Don Post helmet...
htf_imgcache_15436.jpeg

I did some research on the net and found out that the reason some parts of it are flat black is so that it couldn't be confused with an actual Lucasfilm prop, which doesn't really make sense to me since the actual props are fiberglass and this is heavy duty plastic. It's the only thing that bugs me about this helmet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It was bad timing. It ended up shipping in the same month as the insane Millennium Falcon replica and I think 1 or 2 other props that I was getting. I could have swung it but I would have been spending about $3,500 on Star Wars props in one month and even my crazy ass couldn't justify that. :)
There's always eBay.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
About my question, nevermind, I went through the thread and found the site, it was vaderpainter.com. :emoji_thumbsup: I sent the guy an email so hopefully he can help me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay so I never heard back from Vaderpainter, but I went ahead and modified the helmet myself.
I masked off the tusk sensors and eye lenses with masking tape and shot the entire face and neck (the dome is glossy enough as is) with two thin layers of high gloss clear coat, that alone brought the shine up considerably and then I waited until it dried and sanded it smooth and hit it with three more thin coats of high gloss and this did the trick.
The entire face and neck now shine very much like the dome although there is some differences in the texture but it's negligable enough.
Now, I want to do something crazy and i'm hoping you guys can give me advice on it. :)
After the holidays I want to concentrate on building a full size Vader statue using Rubie's Supreme costume and a mannaquin. Now, everything I need including the mannaquin is available on the web (in fact I was quite shocked at how cheap mannaquins are on ebay) but I want to make sure that I get the right size costume and mannaquin.
I don't want to buy an xtra large suit and find that it doesn't fit on the mannaquin. So, what size suit should I buy to fit a 6' + mannaquin? Any inaccuracies with the suit itself I can probably fix myself. Also, I would like to see if I can get the mannaquin to hold my Vader Force FX saber but all the mannaquins i've seen have their hands open and I need one that I can fasion into a fist to hold the saber (getting the glove on it will be a problem, though). I have no idea how i'm going to do that but i'll find a way.
The Supreme suit also come with a helmet, the same one I have presumably so that means i'll then have two. :)
Any advice would be appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Bout time to dust off this old thread. ;)
John, have you tried the guru's over at the RPF? That forum is littered with customizers. IMO, that is one hell of a project. I commend you for taking on such a challenge, and I would love to see how it progresses.
Travis, any luck getting the Vader double sig helmet? Are those starting to go for bargain basement prices like the non-sig was?
It has been a while since any "collectible" updates were made to the lounge; but, I was finally able to add the Sideshow 1:1 Bossk bust. Like the other 1:1 SW busts by Sideshow, this one is nothing short of amazing. It is a little lighter than the other busts, and the clothing is sculpted rather than mixed media; but, it definitely works for this piece. I was a little nervous about possibly getting a damaged piece since it is limited to only 250 pieces, but #99 arrived in perfect shape. Here are a couple pics of the bust along with some of my favorit PS3 themes in the background:
htf_imgcache_22118.jpeg

htf_imgcache_22119.jpeg

More pics on my site (click pic in sig). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks