What's new

The Simpsons 1/16: Midnight RX (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
So what did everyone think of tonight's episode?

I thought it was pretty good--this season has been overall one of the best in recent years. The museum plot seemed pretty dumb and went on too long, and there really wasn't much explanation of how Homer and Grandpa really got into Canada which I think would have been more entertaining than just watching them smuggle pills back and forth.

Overall, a B-.

Best scene: Flanders and Apu arguing over religion.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't liked this season much overall, but I LOVED this episode. No awkwardly-placed guest stars (the Huey Lewis cameo fit perfect), a storyline that lasted the entire episode without awkward subplots, Abe getting a little respect, topical subject matter and jokes (perscription drugs and The Aviator), and solid characterizations overall. I didn't like the final scene at first, just because of it's darkness. But looking back, that's just the kind of humor early "Simpsons" was known for. I hope we get more episodes like this in the future.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
I was just on my way here to make a post with this same exact title. This season has been a big BIG surprise. I had been in the camp that called for and end to the series a few seasons ago but with episodes like tonights I have to change my mind.

It seems like an episode that could have been placed in with the best of the early settings.

This is the kind of humor that made the show great. A lot of off the wall humor without explaining the joke to us like were idiots.

Bravo make more like this please.

Best episode ever! (in this century)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I loved this episode too..... especially the making fun of Canada part.

It had plenty of great scenes in it once it got past the first act.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
My favorite scene, the two Canadian policemen. One speaking in English and the other translating everything into French. An obvious set-up but well executed.

Apu and Flanders talking religion a very close second.

Flanders meeting his Canadian counterpart who offers Flanders a joint was a nice touch too.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

Although I don't understand the part about Apu expressing his faith, and why were the Mounties patrolling the boarder when they were leaving Canada? Would their be US Customs there? I'm also suprised they didn't use the "aboot" joke, but I guess thats becoming tired.

I would love for them to make fun of British Columbia.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I thought it was hilarious, especially the Canadian jokes. I've been to Winnipeg lots of times (My mom lives there...HI MOM!!) and when I saw the sign "We were born here what's your excuse?" I just about died laughing because Winnipeg is pretty bad. The translation thing was close to the truth, you can't buy a bubble gum pack without the label being french as well!

Apu at the border had me in stitches as well, in "real" life he probably would have been pulled out of the car and searched for bombs.

Don't know why the mounties would be patrolling the border, makes no sense, we have customs and you only have to stop on the way in, on the way out you check in with US customs (I live 25 minutes from the US border).

Best episode I've seen in a while (haven't watched much this season)!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I think the Manitoba jokes had to do with Matt Groening's father being from there. Remember that article last year about Homer being Canadian and all the Canadian in-jokes on the show since the begining.

Here in BC you find much of the bi-lingual stuff. I wish I could find the quotes from the part where Ned tries to convert Apu and the Canadian version of Flanders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks