What's new

The Siege (1 Viewer)

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking for a "Official" Movie Thread on "The Siege" and I could not find the
Offical thread.

Cast overview, first billed only:
Denzel Washington.... Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard
Annette Bening.... Elise Kraft/Sharon Bridger
Bruce Willis.... Major General William Devereaux
Tony Shalhoub.... Agent Frank Haddad

I saw the movie The Siege over the weekend on a cable channel and the first thing I did was to check the release date (1998) because of the plot subject matter.

IMDB Plot Summary
"After the abduction by the US military of an Islamic religious leader, New York City becomes the target of escalating terrorist attacks. Anthony Hubbard, the head of the FBI's Counter-Intelligence Task Force in New York, teams up with CIA operative Elise Kraft to hunt down the terrorist cells responsible for the attacks. As the bombings continue, the US government responds by declaring martial law, sending US troops, led by Gen. Devereaux, into the streets of New York City."

EricW

Senior HTF Member
I think Bruce Willis played his character all wrong... in light of media today, and seeing Generals like Schwarzkopf on the news, i don't think the 'brooding melodramatic' angle was the way to go. it was just Willis being Willis. but i liked the movie otherwise.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the movie as well, scary on how on point the movie was before 9-11 with the exception of the lockdown in the manor it was portrayed. But the whole sleeper cell and everything else was pretty much on point. Of course working across the street from 26 Federal Plaza, that scene was pretty much impossible then with the barriers in place.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hey that's my movie :D.

I was an extra in it and appeared for all of 0.000100267 seconds ;).

I liked it (biased?) but it wasn't received very well...

--
H

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread..."Hey, Holadem's flick!" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks