What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Great finale. Great season.

IA and the Strike Team is our biggest dangling thread, of course, but I'm sure hoping Vic follows up on Aceveda's 'hit' on his rapist, with Antwon as his weapon...

'Eleven is the new thirteen'. Yikes.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
What a freaking show... I can not get enough of it and man 2006 is so freaking far away....uggggg

The season finale was great... I agree with others about the last five minutes... I really felt for glenn close's character when she broke down and started crying.... powerful scene.....

I can't wait to see how it all unfolds next season......

Great show!!!!!

R~

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Great show and great season....I'm sorry to see Close go, she was brilliant in the role.

Was anyone surprised Rawlings didn't tip Vic off about the snitch and IA? She hinted around it I guess but aside from the fact we need a major theme for the next season, why wouldn't she have tipped him off?

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

I was also waiting for her tip off until the very end. Maybe, what they showed however is how strong her character was as a veteran cop and that even being taken down by her own she still believes in rooting out bad cops. It actually left her in a better closing light as a cop by not tipping Vic off and was truer to her original character.

They left a few crumbs for Vic to pick up on next season anyway.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Superb season. :emoji_thumbsup: It's going to be a very long wait till season 5. :frowning:

They can easily bring back Close and Anderson next year, and I really hope they do. Antwon had a long look at Vic and his wife, and you just know Shane's headed for family misery too, so I can't wait to see what the writers come up with.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
At the end of every season I say, "That was the best season yet." I am absolutely sure that this is the best show on television, at least it is in my mind. The IA investigation will be a great storyline for next season.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It's a sin that I can't get F/X on my cable system, and someone in Congress should write a law about it. I have to wait for the DVD's, which wouldn't be so bad except they don't come out until right before the next year of the show.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Yep, I can agree with that. My wife pointed out that Rawlings had said she felt like she had started something with Vic but didn't have a chance to finish...I guess part of that means she didn't get him to become the cop she thought he could be.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Good News From the Emmy Nominations...

Best Actress - Drama Series
Glenn Close as Capt. Monica Rawling
The Shield • FX • Fox Television Studios in association
with Sony Pictures Television

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey don't forget CCH Pounder got a nom for supporting actress in a Drama Series as well for The Shield. It was well deserved too, but how in the hell can they overlook Chiklis for lead actor and overlook the show for Best Series?!?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

At least he's been nominated before. It would've been a crime if Close hadn't been nominated:)

The only thing that I could see stopping her from winning is the relatively low profile of The Shield. I think she has a real good shot though!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Sorry to bring back an old thread, have they announced a date for the next season yet? Also, why was the season before 15 episodes and this one 13? And have they mentioned DVD release at all, and if it will be widescreen!!!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

If I had to guess, I'd say that they only did 13 episodes for budgetary reasons.

The DVD is coming out on December 27 so it may be starting in Januray but that would be a little earlier than it's started other years. One episode is in widescreen, Back In The Hole (which was a 90 minute episode) and the rest are in their proper full frame ratio.

Here's a link on the Season Four DVD:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4046

Patrick, I saw that too but can't find the story for a link. I think he'll fit in pretty well especially with the role he's getting.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
I can offer that FX is currently (starting this past Saturday the 24th) running three episodes each Saturday night to lead up to the Saturday before the season premiere. If I guess correct then that places the new season in January as someone previously suggested.

Kevin

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Seasons 1, 2 and 4 were 13 episodes. Season 3, with 15, was the exception, not the rule. Most of F/X's original dramas run on 13 week seasons. Fox may have ordered a couple of extra episodes in S3 because the show's ratings were good and because there were holes that needed to be filled in the schedule. (This is not unusal in TV, X-Files had a season or two with extra episodes, CSI did a 90 minute episode one year and an extra episode in at least one other.)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

Glenn Close was robbed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks