What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (2 Viewers)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, it did seem last night's episode set the wheels in motion for Close's departure. It appears she will lose her battle over the seizures and leave the barn. Of course that's just how it looks on paper, so we'll have to see what the next two episodes have in store.

It looks like Armie is gone. I was starting to think he might have stuck around with the strike team for awhile.

Duane R

Second Unit
What Lem told Armey about the team always being in shit all the time is what I thought made Armey punk out on the polygraph. I'll be curious to see how Antwon ties into the cop killings.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone blame Armie for wanting to get away from the Strike Team? Granted, he should have taken the polygraph (eventhough he'd have failed since he was way too nervous to beat it) but after that it was time to jump ship.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
6/7/05

Loved Monica ripping Acevada yet another a-hole for being such a scumbag.

Dani can't catch a break.

Dutchboy's boys have descended, and he's not taking crap from nobody anymore!!!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Glenn Close, prepare your Emmy acceptance speech! :emoji_thumbsup:

Acevada's taken a terrible risk getting Antwon to do his dirty work for him... Love how the writers flip him back-and-forth between being reasonably sympathetic on the one hand, to a total backstabbing bastard on the other. :)

My one complaint: only one more episode to go?! It's not fair! :D

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
Little bit of tension in the room, would you say? The cast of this show (and Deadwood) are in a seperate class. And do you notice how everyone is blowing up on TV these days? Real good!

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
That episode last night was incredible. This show gets better and better with every episode. I can't wait to see what happens in the season finale, although I'll be bummed when this season is over. I'm probably gonna watch Over There this summer since fX keeps pumping out all these amazing shows. Anyone else gonna watch that?

Duane R

Second Unit
Did anyone else spot Dutch's upcoming trainwreck romance with the serial rapist's wife? That looks to be a possibility before long. Another :emoji_thumbsup: episode with only one left :frowning:

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
That was the serial rapists wife? My wife and I were wondering who she was..had no idea.

Is next weeks finale just an hour? Or is it going to be extended like the ep a couple of weeks ago?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the "Previously on" bit before the actual episode, they usually pull bits from past episodes, and this time, they showed us the serial rapist and wife scenes (Clark Gregg and Rebecca Pidgeon, I think David Mamet directed that episode). So, I knew to expect that she'd probably show up in this episode. Sometimes, I like the recaps to remind me of what went down before, but sometimes I like to be surprised when someone from the past shows up as well.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Season Finale

What a great season and a stellar acting and writing tour de force. Just when you think a show can't reproduce the feel from the year past, The Shield comes in with great new characters (Close) and new turns for some old ones (Aceveda, Shane).

This season finale seemed to attempt to provide some calm to a busy season and left us with highs (the Team is back) and lows (Rawlings gone, lamansky trouble brewing). The last five minutes was very human and devoid of the tension and energy that usually ends an episode and left me smiling and then sad when I saw the "The Shield will return in 2006". Christ, 2006 seems so far away!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked when they revealed that Mackey's CI is also working for Internal Affairs. It seems like that should be a pretty decent storyline for next season.

Lem is definitely in some trouble. Not like he's squeaky clean but he seems to be the conscience of the team (or the closest person to it) and he's the one in the hottest water.

It was nice seeing everyone enjoying themselves at the bar. It was a good ending to the season.

Overall, I think that this was the best season of The Shield except for Season Two. Amazing performances, some great twists and turns, and it left me wanting more:)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Except, of course, when IA guy walked into the bar and cast a meaningful look in Vic's direction. :D

Rawlings' final exchange with Vic was brilliant.

M.

Duane R

Second Unit
Another great season in the books. I was originally lukewarm to Close signing on this season, but her character and acting put those feelings to rest. I also have a new appreciation for Anthony Anderson as well--he showed everyone he's not a one-note actor. I was surprised Dutch turned down the Cap's job. I'll also be curious to see if the Strike Team can put 2 and 2 together about the bogus heroin before it's too late. I guess that'll be part of next year's story. My hat's off to the entire cast and crew for another great season :emoji_thumbsup: 2006 is so far away :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks