What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg submitted a new blog post

The Return Of Frank James Blu-ray Review (Twilight Time)
Return-of-Frank-James.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It was during an early 1980s TVO Saturday Night At The Movies presentation of this film and its predecessor, JESSE JAMES (1939), that I first learned about 20th Century Fox having dumped the original Technicolor film elements, which was then thought to encompass their entire Technicolor film library. How fantastic that THE RETURN OF FRANK JAMES (1940) apparently escaped that ignominious fate!

CHEERS! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Don’t get me wrong - Frank James also had its negatives dumped. But the single strip backup they made was apparently much better on this one than most. It’s not a perfect representation of the original look but it’s much closer than most of the other Fox titles of this time.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Don’t get me wrong - Frank James also had its negatives dumped. But the single strip backup they made was apparently much better on this one than most. It’s not a perfect representation of the original look but it’s much closer than most of the other Fox titles of this time.
I appreciate your clarification, Josh! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks