What's new

The Relic (1997) picture quality (1 Viewer)

Dan M

Second Unit
The sad thing about EE is that it doesen't sharpen anything but merely adds noise (halos) to the image to create the illusion of being sharper. Thsi would only make THE RELIC look even worse (and any other title for that matter).

With THE RELIC, even the well lit, daytime outdoor scenes are blurry and unfocused. I can't help but think that the transfer is the culprit, and could definitely be sharper.

But I'm no expert;)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I guess I'm not trying to say the transfer COULDN'T be better -- just that a lot of the complaints about the DVD were the same ones that were widely applied to the movie itself too. I wouldn't doubt Paramount couldn't do a better transfer, just that I'm not sure how much better it could ever be.

Chuck Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I think that it could be better but like I said in an earlier post, it's not a bad deal for 10 bucks. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit back when it originally came out so it's fine for now. And thanks to everyone who have mentioned the book that it's based on and it's sequel as I think i'm going to look for them in the next few days.:)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
This thread has made me want to dust off this disc and give it a spin tonight.:D Watching movies on the projector sometimes reveals smaller details not seen on my regular TV.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with most of what you people have already said. This is ONE of the worst DVDs I currently have in my collection. This transfer is truly horrendous. It's so damn dark, that there are times where all I can see is a completely black screen with no detail at all. I can't see anything else besides the blackness, and my TV is properly calibrated.

And as someone has already stated, even the day-times scenes look so damn dark, and completely out of focus. Not only that, but the colors seem washed-out as well. Horrible looking DVD!

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>I saw it on HBO last month and that's what propted me to start looking for it. The version on HBO didn't look as blurry as the dvd but that may not mean much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks