What's new

The Prisoner, complete series. (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Is The Prisoner actually airing somewhere, or is this thread in the wrong forum? I'd think it would be better suited to the TV Software forum, which is for shows on DVD.

BTW, just picked up my own copy of the 40th anniversary "big box" set thanks to one of the holiday season sales. I've actually had the R2 PAL boxed set for years, but am delighted to now have a fully remastered NTSC version that I can in my Sony 400 disc changer instead of feeding the PAL discs one at a time into my old region-free Apex. (The PAL-to-NTSC conversion also made the image darker and some details harder to see - but at the time there was no R1 release and when it finally did arrive it was in the form of grossly over-priced individual discs, so I stuck with what I had.)

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
mods can move it to wherever but i watched it on SD-DVD.

ain't the 'box set' merely the 10 volumes in 1 marketing package? i think it's 2 eps per disc vs. the usual 4 eps per disc for real box sets.

anyway, it's a good series, i'd love to see a remastered/cleaned up version for HD! :eek:. that would rock!

imagine the opening "information" montage spinning in around the surrounds, that would be cool.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yes, the "big box" does seem to be the earlier discs repackage but it was a heck of a lot cheaper to buy this way than when it was originally released.

Regards,

Joe

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=39271

AMC's Prisoner mini-series is happening, planned for early 2008. At least 6 or 8 episodes, according to the article above.

AMC has also acquired the rights to McGoohan's Prisoner and will air those at the time of the mini-series, along with "films in the same genre as the show."

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And those would be? :laugh:

What made The Prisoner the landmark it was is precisely that it is a genre unto itself, unlike anything that came before or after it. How can a network understand so little about a show it is spending millions to remake? :)

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
check out the imdb on the amc version's track record. nothing really leaps out and screams patrick mcg.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think the upcoming movie and upcoming TV show should be looked upon like the made for TV Poseidon Adventure and Wolfgang Peters remake.

I have some faith that Christopher Nolan will make a watchable film, as long as Tom Cruise doesn't play #6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks