What's new

The Predator (September 14, 2018) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure what kind of sexual reference is not "crude". Seems odd that the MPAA apparently has different degrees of references.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m thinking of one line in particular from the red band trailer for the “crude” part...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Some new images, and the film has officially received an R rating:

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$
To be crude, are the boobs in that first pic just a bit too large?
Let's not forget:

Hawkins: Billy. Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her, "Jeez you got a big p%&^$. Jeez you got a big p%&^$."
Ah...Good Times.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Yet another (and final) trailer:

I think this film looks like a lot of fun. Tonally, I miss the original Predator, but I've always enjoyed Shane Black's approach (The Nice Guys and Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang are both excellent), that I look forward to the mash up of the brutal here with heavy doses of bristling quips in this.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this film looks like a lot of fun. Tonally, I miss the original Predator, but I've always enjoyed Shane Black's approach (The Nice Guys and Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang are both excellent), that I look forward to the mash up of the brutal here with heavy doses of bristling quips in this.

I’ll probably see it for free with A-List; at that price point, all I ask for is a comfy chair and some fun action and quips to go along with it.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Some people, myself included, have stated that this doesn't look good to us, but no one has "spewed bile."

When this was first announced, it was said to be a reboot, whatever that means. But the trailers don't resemble the original at all to me. Tonally, story wise, etc.

In the first movie, no one knew what they were dealing with. And even in Predators the characters weren't quite sure of anything. But the new trailers seem to be full of snarky young people who are well aware of what predators are. The film just looks too self aware to me, and not funny or intriguing at all.

For those who think this looks good, cool, I hope you enjoy it. But for me, this looks like a film I can wait 3 months and check out on vudu.

Real Name
Jay Hall
Maybe there hasn't been any hostility towards the film on this site (don't have the time to read all the comments), but there sure is on many other sites. Less people in line at the snack bar, which is okay by me. I look forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Some people, myself included, have stated that this doesn't look good to us, but no one has "spewed bile."

When this was first announced, it was said to be a reboot, whatever that means. But the trailers don't resemble the original at all to me. Tonally, story wise, etc.

In the first movie, no one knew what they were dealing with. And even in Predators the characters weren't quite sure of anything. But the new trailers seem to be full of snarky young people who are well aware of what predators are. The film just looks too self aware to me, and not funny or intriguing at all.

For those who think this looks good, cool, I hope you enjoy it. But for me, this looks like a film I can wait 3 months and check out on vudu.
Not everyone is awar4e of the predators. The idea of alien invaders is silly to the people on the prison bus.

I agree, there’s no bile here, but I do think there’s a lot of “Seen the preview, and that’s all I need to know. The movie will suck.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks