What's new

The Predator (September 14, 2018) (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
Sigh... What was initially belongs to thriller genre... now falls into the "SuperHero" flick, with decorations of violence. Damn!!! And the music score... totally turns an intense horror thriller into...adventure flick like the Mummy series!!!

The only thing worth to look out for when it gets released into video formats, is how our gears can bring out the hidden details in dark scenes with HDR.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hmmm... just wondering... will there be a re-frame of this to widescreen 2.35:1 when UHD gets released?
And also why would there be a reframe to 2.35:1??

The correct AR is 1.85:1

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
We thought the 3D of The Predator 2018 was pretty good only problem was we had to hunt around like mad trying to find a cinema showing it in 3D. Enjoyed it tho and would see it again given the chance.:thumbs-up-smiley: Good they took the story in a different direction.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This doesn't seem to be gaining much traction worldwide. It's already released in most of the bigger markets and has grossed just over $116 million globally. I'm not sure if it's getting a release in China.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I enjoyed this. It was too gory for its type. We don't need violence like this for entertainment, especially in a movie I consider fun adventure for everyone. All the characters were likeable except Boyd Holbrook. Colossal miscast.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I enjoyed this. It was too gory for its type. We don't need violence like this for entertainment, especially in a movie I consider fun adventure for everyone. All the characters were likeable except Boyd Holbrook. Colossal miscast.
Your first sentence doesn’t seem to belong to the rest of the paragraph.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I enjoyed it for what it is and I mentioned the things I liked less. Blood splashing, gore and Boyd Holbrook.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I finally watched to 4K release of this, having never seen it in the theater, and while it looks stupendously good, I hated it. What an incoherent mess. I enjoyed Predators more than this film, and I didn't really like Predators. 2/5 stars.

Ewok Holocaust

Auditioning
Real Name
Varja Satal
I am one of the biggest Predator fans and agree that the movie looked and sounded great. Much better than AvP: Requiem for example, where you couldn't really see anything (so dark). The Predator movie died for me together with the Fugitive Predator, who I thought was great. Everything about the Upgrade Predator was awful, starting from small stuff like subtitles inside Predator vision modes, continuing with DNA upgrading and bad CGI effects. The movie basically killed the Predator franchise for a time.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Finally watched this last night. I had heard it got bad reviews, so I adjusted my expectations. I didn't adjust them low enough.
I just cannot understand why filmmakers that have a good budget and some good actors and an excellent source material think it is necessary to add slapstick humour and giant wheels of cheese to a film. The original (one of my favourite action movies) is just so amazing. It kept things serious. It had a dangerous aura about it. The jungle itself was a character. The film oozed charisma and action and testosterone.
This one...wow. It was silly. It was like they wrote it in an afternoon sitting around a table with some beers saying, "Oh! Wouldn't it be cool if..." The film is just a mess. Not to mention putting a young kid as a key player in an R-rated film is never a good idea.

Now if you enjoyed it, then awesome. Glad you did. But this is just like a fan-fiction piece to me, not a serious film from a real studio.

My grade is 3/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks