What's new

The Predator (September 14, 2018) (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
She was trying to get it out of her body. An abortion would be killing it inside of her body. It was a c-section.

Im no Prometheus fan, but of all the things to complain about, now youre nit picking.

To get back on topic, im mildly curious about this. Im a shane black fan, (though I havent seen Iron Man 3 and have no desire to.) but that cast picture doesnt thrill me.

No one in the pic looks like they possess the uber testosterone swagger of Schwarzenegger or Weathers.

One thing I hope he fixes though, in the original there was a shot of Bill Duke with a giant predator laser sight on his big bald head. Cut away. The implication is that his head would have been blown all to hell. But later we see him dead, head intact, with barely a flesh wound.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Im no Prometheus fan, but of all the things to complain about, now youre nit picking.

I wasn't complaining nor nitpicking. I asked a simple question. The method by which it is removed could certainly be called a c-section, the actual goal and procedure was an abortion...meaning to abort the pregnancy and kill the squid baby. I don't think there is any question about this at all. I am sort of baffled this is even having to be laid out here. I find it odd we've even ended up here.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
We ended up here because youre arguing over semantics. You said that calling it a c-section implies that she wanted to keep it,
Raise it and be its mommy. That logic is about on par with all of the other logic in the film youve been railing against. A c-section is a surgical procedure to remove a baby from a womans uterus. This is what the machine was programmed to do. (And for anyone who has ever experienced an emergency c-section where the doctor made the incision before the anaesthesia had kicked in, this scene was harrowing.) im not familiar with the abortion procedure, and this is definitely not the forum to go down this wormhole. But whatever you call it, she wanted it out of her body and presumably dead. So arguing over what to call the procedure to again express your dislike for this movie seems to me to be nitpicking.

No offense, though,
I am enjoying this multi thread conversation.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Didn't Robert ask that this thread get back ON-TOPIC? Yeah, he did. Come on guys! Take the Prometheus stuff where it belongs.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
the 1987 Predator film with Arnold is one of my all-time favorites. Still remember seeing in during the summer of 1987 in Abilene Texas. Loved it. Have owned it on VHS, Lasersdisc, DVD 2 different versions and then Blu-ray.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big fan of Shane Black (the writer/director). I never realized he played that role in the original Predator! With Mr. Black involved, I now have high hopes for this Predator reboot.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not a good sign. It's been in production for a year and has been moved four times, now delayed six months and dumped into the no-man's-land of September. Signs of a troubled production, IMO.

Next thing you know, they'll sell it directly to Netflix.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Just rewatched this first trailer and I caught the bit about the Predators trying to produce hybrids, presumably of themselves. Is it possible this Predator movie is not a reboot, but a continuation? Both trailers seem to imply they are not a big surprise like the very first movie.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Just rewatched this first trailer and I caught the bit about the Predators trying to produce hybrids, presumably of themselves. Is it possible this Predator movie is not a reboot, but a continuation? Both trailers seem to imply they are not a big surprise like the very first movie.
That's right, this is intended as a continuation. There will apparently even be reference to Predator 2 (though most references will be to the first one).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I remember if I'm not mistaking, there was another new Predator movie they made. What happened to that? Adrien Brody was in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks