What's new

The Passage (FOX) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Helping its cause is the fact that "The Gifted", "Proven Innocent", and "The Orville" are all doing worse in the ratings. And the behind-the-scenes turmoil with "Lethal Weapon" also makes that show unlikely for renewal.

The big question mark is what kind of network FOX will be after Disney acquires most of 21st Century Fox's assets. How invested in scripted programming will it still be?

"The Passage" is a 20th Century Fox Television production, which in a normal year would be a big boost, since it's "owned" by the network. But as of next week, FOX and 20th Century Fox Television are going to under two different corporate overlords, so the synergy will no longer be there. FOX is going to be a network without a studio.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Once I got re-oriented on how the book proceeded initially, and realized what the first season was most likely going to do, I become fully interested and enjoyed the season. The season ended more or less as I expected.
I expected it to end with Amy and Wolgast ending their life in the cabin in Oregon, with Season 2 setup to be in the future post-viral apocalypse. However -- and caveat poor memory of book read eight years ago -- my recollection is there is a nuclear bomb dropped in Portland. Wolgast and the cabin are close enough to suffer radiation poisoning. He struggles on, but dies early, leaving Amy alone much sooner than either expected. I don't remember her turning him as in the show. I may re-read the book to refresh myself on this.

Adam commented on this earlier, but a big question I've had, and this is a pretty significant spoiler:
Amy in the book is arrested at her pre-pubescent age through most of the first book. How are they going to deal with this with a human actor?
and bigger spoiler
There's a big event I think late in the first book or maybe the second where Amy goes through puberty in a rapid fashion, basically aging from 12 to 18 in a singular quasi-mystical / scifi moment. I'm equally interested in how the show will do this, if it last that long?

Overall, Season 1 went through about the first quarter of the first book. This pacing sets up the show for a five to nine season run. This isn't Game of Thrones, a protected prestige property on a niche network. Can it last long enough to tell a complete story?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
9558C445-2B42-45A8-A36D-15D6A18FCDC5.gif
Cancelled by FOX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks