What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The ongoing "Big Brother 4" thread (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
My predictions (I’ve never come close on any other show):

Dana:Jun (hates Allison more)
Nathan:Ali (no blood in his brain when around Alison and he isn’t starting with a lot of those cells in any case)
Justin:Jun (could go either way, but Jun pitched in first)
Jack:Jun (he will vote for who he thinks is the best player, but in a tie, his ouster is due mostly to Ali not following his straetegy)
Jee:Jun (he may feel betrayed by her, but in the end he might want to see a Korean-American win)
Erika:Jun (same reasoning as Dana and Jack)
Robert:Jun (close, but in the end, Allison ousted him).

Even with two votes switching, Jun still wins.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Talk about one of the most flat and lackluster "celebrations" when the winner was announced. That was almost painful to watch. Obviously no one wanted either women to win, especially after seeing/hearing all the hurtful comments made by them.

StevenW

Second Unit
Talk about one of the most flat and lackluster "celebrations" when the winner was announced. That was almost painful to watch. Obviously no one wanted either women to win, especially after seeing/hearing all the hurtful comments made by them.
you just won half a million bucks show SOME emotion you lesser of evil bitch!

Gene S

Agent
I thought it was a great way to end the series. I loved how everyone in the jury gave a little diss for both girls before reveiling their vote.

If any one has been watching/(or reading) the live feed reports, you would agree that these two final women are the least deserving people in the world. It really was a choice of the two evils. There is a difference in lying and manipulating people to advance yourself in the game, its quite another to constantly trash evicted houseguests.

As far as the winner not being overly congratulated at the end... I think it could be expected. I think both girls eyes were opened to what the jury thought of them during the Q&A session. But I don't think either of them are going to expect the backlash from viewers as a whole.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh well, I was hoping Ali would win but Jun was my second favorite on the show, so it's all good.

Last year's show was the one that had the crappy finale, when Lisa (yawn) won. I liked that this year, there was very little of the phony "We are all one big happy family" crap that usually permeates Big Brother. I liked the fact that pretty much none of the contestants this year spouted that junk about "being in it, for the experience".

What surprised me the most was that Michelle seemed to be the most bitter. I mean, aside from getting booted out, she was generally one of the better treated people in the house. It was definitely for her own good that she left when she did, because I don't think she could of ever dealt with the tension in the house a few more weeks, when Jun, Alison & Erika would of stopped wearing their kid gloves and made mince meat out of her.

I liked that the two most conniving people made it to the finals, but all in all this was a pretty bland year and it felt like the last week was dragged out for no good reason. It did seem kind of anti-climatic that the final vote was revealed a whole week after the last regular episode aired. They should have wrapped this up last Friday.

I would like to see, next year's BB go back to the set-up used for BB1, with votes being cast by TV viewers. The whole alliances factor is getting a bit tiresome in these kind of shows, and making the house hampsters have to suck up to to internet and TV viewers while also sucking up to fellow house guests, would actually bring back the whole concept of "Big Brother is watching" (hence the name of the show).

Jake Gove

Second Unit
To make it more interesting next year, each evicted houseguest should remain in the house. They still have to live there, just not be able to win.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I actually think that Jun won because she often retained a sense of humor about being a floater, while Allison was always so serious.

Jun’s response to a question about deserving to win over Ali, where she said that she did not crawl into bed with the guys to advance herself was both accurate and one of the few times that Ali actually looked shaken.

I wonder if Nathan would have voted for Jun if he had seen the episodes first?

In any case I picked all seven votes correctly (post #361). :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CBS knew exactly what they were doing when they set it up to show the jury the diary room footage after they voted.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> CBS knew exactly what they were doing when they set it up to show the jury the diary room footage after they voted.

I didn't catch that. I was gonna ask whether the players knew the others would eventually see what they said in the diary room, & if so, why they made some of the strategically stupid comments.

Did they say when the vote took place? I assume they voted via some secret ballot.

I've never seen anyone win so much money & show so little excitement over it. How much does Alison get for 2nd place? She didn't seem too disappointed at losing 6-1. Neither seemed too excited or relieved that the whole thing was over. Maybe they're both in a trance.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
At this point I'm just glad that it's over with. I'm a bit surprised at the 6-1 vote though. I really don't know why so many of the houseguests thought that Jun played a better game than Ali. Jun won very few competitions and basically just floated the whole way. She badmouthed everyone (even worse than Ali) and I thought did a poorer job of answering the questions from the jury. I think that Ali was more "worthy".

I did think that it was hilarious that none of the members of the jury congratulated Jun after she won. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't rate the winning of comps all that highly because it just lets an unlikeable houseguest overstay their welcome.

I still liked how Will (Half Man, Half Amazing) Kirby played the game in BB2. He didn't win nothing, no comps, was on the block weeks on end, and still wound up winning the game by letting others maneuever themselves out of position by their lack of performance in certain HoH comps, while creating a persona of un-electable-ness inside the house, while lining up a favorable jury outside of the house as his posse got the boot one by one.

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
Although I liked the way it played out,that was NOT a live vote.
I thoroughly enjoyed the raw emotions on display,with the highlight being Ali's face when Jun dissed her for using her feminine wiles to curry favor.Of course Jun wouldn't like that because,according to Jee and my own observations,she apparently has no feminine charms or bedroom highlights to her name. :D That lack of exuberance continued even after victory.
Ali let loose a gusher of emotion once in the arms of her family.I thought that was the most touching point of the season.Eighty some odd days of game play were finally off her shoulders and it was readily evident that they had taken a toll.She played hard,won money and NOBODY stopped her from doing THAT.:emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I can't fathom is why players are so vitriolic in their diary room "confessionals". Just play it cool and funny, not cruel and crummy.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
What I can't fathom is why players are so vitriolic in their diary room "confessionals". Just play it cool and funny, not cruel and crummy.
True, I think what happens is that these people really don't get much chance to vent their frustrations until they get in the Diary room. I for one would NOT do it because I would be way too worried about Big Brother pulling a fast one and deciding to hold a competition half way through the game where the winner would be able to view all of the diary room entries, or something to that effect .

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Considering how the houseguests reacted to Ali & Jun after seeing the Diary Room entries, just wait until they check out the various Live Feed reports on the web. They were much, much worse than whitewashed and sanitized stuff CBS chose to air.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
My guess would be that the producers direct them to be nasty in the diary room. Or at least prod them a bit. As we all know, "nasty" certainly makes better tv than "nice'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks