What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I need help guys! I'm stuck on the temple of the unkown world(the first world after you find the star forge) I can't seem to get the right color combination on the tile floors, and no NPC has told me how to do it. I suppose it's my fault. Maybe I didn't talk to enough NPC's. I also can't even get out of the temple to go ask questions. Please help. I've invested almost 30 hours and don't want to start over just yet.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Well since there are a few people who already finished the game, was everyone's party list filled up? I'm missing the person on the far left, in the middle. Since I'm light, I'm guessing it's a sith(maybe Bradon, Bardon or whatever Malek's apprentice name is).
Interesting. So the game allows you access to different party members depending on your alignment? I'm definitely playing this through at least one more time :) I haven't finished the game yet but my list has been full for a while. I think the middle-left guy on my list was HK-47. The last guy I got was Jolee, who, I'd like to add, is the lamest Jedi in the game. This guy is always getting his ass kicked when I use him. The only exception was when we fought the really big droids in the Sith base, where his destroy droid Force power really came in handy. But other than that - pffft! :)

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are way ahead of me. I just killed the Rancor.

Anyway, two things are bugging me. How do you complete the rapid transit quest, and the pazaak rules quest? They can't possibly stay in your journal as active quests forever.

Chris Clark

Agent
In the topside cantina (the first one you encounter), there should be two or three men in there along with one pazaak groupie. One is a pompous ass who offers to seperate you from your credits in a pazaak game. The other gent is a former pazaak player, he'll give you his deck and some pointers.
The third man, who may or may not be there, depending on if you have started the arena missions, is Bendak Starkiller. The only reason that jerk lived in my game was that it led to a darkside point.
If that doesn't clear it off of your journal, you may have already completed it and happen to be looking at your Completed Quests. Also, if you want to get better at pazaak, you should try a practice game with Mission in the apartment. Credits may not be a big concern to you right now, but without spoiling anything, you're going to need every credit you can scrounge up.
I can't even remember what the rapid transit one entailed.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that was a tutorial type quest where you go to the city, use your map and hit the X button to go back to your hideout, then back to the city.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help, I went home at lunch and checked my quests, and actually have the transit one cleared. But I've played Pazaak with the jerk and it still hasn't been marked completed. Oh well.

James T

Screenwriter
I need help guys! I'm stuck on the temple of the unkown world(the first world after you find the star forge) I can't seem to get the right color combination on the tile floors, and no NPC has told me how to do it. I suppose it's my fault. Maybe I didn't talk to enough NPC's. I also can't even get out of the temple to go ask questions. Please help. I've invested almost 30 hours and don't want to start over just yet
In the room next to it, there's a datapad. It said something about aligning the pattern to an "H" formation. Stupid me, I was trying to create an "H" out of the highlighted figures, but all you really have to do is walk in an "H" pattern(and yes, retracing you steps seem ok).

And I agree, Jolee is pretty lame, even after I gave him all those pretty enhancements and upgraded his saber, he still blew chunks.

Eric_Strickl

Stunt Coordinator
I have run into the oddest problem. I got the 3rd star map once the cut scene started the screen went black? I started hitting buttons out of frustration and I noticed I could still hear everything that was going on??? So I hit start and my menu screen can up, once I back out I could see again (wait it gets odder)? So I went on with my business and went to the ships cockpit to go to the next planet but there was a droid in the cockpit!!! It was called the republic galaxy droid?!?!? So I talked with the droid and it asked me what planet I wanted to go to (at this point I back off and save so I could show others). Then it pulled up a list of my choices which are ebon spire, taris..... and the star forge. I thought to myself how can I go to these places!!!! So I picked taris and the droid instantly said that travel was complete. So I walked out of the ship and I walked out of my apartment on taris!! I had all of my stats and all of my guys. Has anyone else seen this droid???

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
If you have a memory card you can transfer it to another xbox. If you have someone with a hacked box they can directly do it, otherwise you would have to hook it up to a computer's video in or take a crappy picture with a camera. However, something like that would be worth it to send to ign or egm or gamepro or someone.

James T

Screenwriter
Here's a screenshot of a bug(or corrupted file) that I had after I loaded the game.

It was taken off my crap camera phone, but you get the idea.

Howie A

Second Unit
I had a headless dude once too. So I just reloaded it from the most resent save and deleted and corrupt ones.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to avoid any spoilers for later in the game, but I had to ask you KOTOR freaks a question:

Has anyone beaten the best score on the Tatooine swoop racing?

It says I have to beat 22:51 but I just CANNOT get it!

Is there maybe a swoop upgrade that I can purchase on another planet?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Clark

Agent
Scott:
Quick Answer- Use the force.
Longer Answer- Are you holding down the A button before the green light? If so, you're tacking on a few a seconds with a slower start. Hit, and hold, A exactly when the green light comes on. That may help.
And no, you can't upgrade your swoop. Since you can't break your ride, go for broke in trying to hit every speed boost and shift into a faster gear the moment it becomes available.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Thanks to all that helped me with those damn tiles. I finished the game last night as the ultimate baddy, and oh my god! I love this game. Next I'm going to play as a boring good person. Later on I'll probablly go from good to evil and from evil to good. This game has so many possibilities.

James T

Screenwriter
It says I have to beat 22:51 but I just CANNOT get it!
I got close once, real close. In fact, I tied it. I was staring at the clock as I was just about to hit the finish line...I thought I had it. Then I hear the "boos". I haven't come close after that.

Howie A

Second Unit
Is their a way to deal with Zuuland Sentar and not get Dark points?

Just a reminder: He is back on Dantooine near one of the estates. Bomb his speeder or set off the alarm and fight?
Is the only light path choice? Or do I have to avoid the entire mission leading me to believe that the dude that gave me the mission was even shadier then I thought.?..?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks