What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (2 Viewers)

Howie A

Second Unit
Is there any advantage to leaving items behind in the containers or boxes?

Also while walking around I usually pick up items from other boxes and corpses, am I lowering my light side points and falling to the dark side?
I did not think so because it never prompted me as such..

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Also while walking around I usually pick up items from other boxes and corpses, am I lowering my light side points and falling to the dark side?
I've wondered the same thing. I've broken into an apartment or two and taken stuff right in front of the residents, but I haven't had any ill consequenses yet. My guess is that it's fine--light players couldn't really survive without these little indescretions.:D

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You only gain dark side points when the little box pops up and tells you.
You shift yourself towards getting points in either direction by your interactions with others, though. You gradually accumulate points. I don't know if this applies to the case of looting boxes in places that aren't necessarily hostile (apartments, the house of that guy on Dantooine).

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Carth couldn't open the box when he was with me. It said his skill was too low. You did know you can switch party members at any time right? Well mostly any time. I know you can switch party members while you're in the sewers and most other places.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I thought you could only throw grenades at enemies. I guess I was wrong. I must check this out when I get home from work.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I thought you could only throw grenades at enemies. I guess I was wrong.
That's a good point, I didn't think of that, Paul. Hmmmmmmm, then how do you break them open with weapons/items? When the "box" is selected, maybe an option appears to choose a grenade that I've never noticed before. Every time I play this game I find a new command that I've missed previously--I just figured out you can switch party members thru the menu last night (by mistake, no less).

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You hit up on the open icon and it switches to bash if the item is locked. By up I mean whatever key it is you use to flip through items as well, I have already forgotten the controls...

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
You hit up on the open icon and it switches to bash if the item is locked. By up I mean whatever key it is you use to flip through items as well, I have already forgotten the controls...
In that case, it looks like I have to go back and get Big Z's bowcaster when I get home. Good thing I haven't left Taris yet! :)

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
There aren't even that many locked things in the game, and since my character was a combat monster I could handily bash pretty much anything in. I wish that they would have made the security skill more valuable. There are actually a couple of cool things you can do with the computer skill that I missed out on...

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Any of you guys know if you can buy upgrade parts for your swoopbike? I can't even beat the beginning time on Tatooine and I'm racing it as fast as it will go: shifting, hitting all the speedpads, dodging all rocks.

...what's up with this?

Also, is there any way to just pick up individual items from boxes, ect? I hate the fact that I HAVE to take everything or nothing. Then, if you want to put something into one of your storage boxes on the 'Hawk, you have to do it one at a time instead of several items at once. ARRRGH!!! Nothing like having 16 droid parts and having to open, drop, close, 16 friggin times!!!

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Derrik

1) As far as I can tell, no. I beat all the swoop races in the game with no upgrades (Tatooine is easy, I had some trouble on Manaan). This topic comes up every once in a while at gamefaqs, and while it's a cesspool over there, usually someone will have info about even pretty obscure things, and no one does. Make sure you're starting right at the green and changing gears quickly, if you're not at the max of top gear by the end of the course on Tatooine then you aren't going as fast as possible.

2) Don't try to manage your inventory. Just deal with the amount of junk you have and sell everything you don't need. They just didn't put any effort into the inventory system.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I almost feel like this game IS on Xbox Live, with all of the posts everyone is making about it! :D

JayV

Supporting Actor
Derrik, if you register at Bioware, you will have acces to maps of all the swoop tracks -- with the best line superimposed upon them.

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks