What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (2 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, my cats like me to be up at least by 6:30am if not an hour earlier. On the weekend now I have slept-in until about 8am on Saturdays. My orange kitten last weekend did this thing where he came up and grabbed my arm with both paws and violently shook it. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a one off and maybe he was playing with the other cat.

Nope, this morning, I was sleeping and at about 7:45am, he walks up on me, grabs my bicep with both paws and wildly starts shaking my arm. This cat is surprisingly strong, he is all muscle. So, kind of shocking how hard he can jerk my arm around.

When he woke me and I lifted my head off the pillow, he put his face right in my face, nose to nose, and gave me a very long, somewhat angry sounding MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I looked at him and then noticed the other cat sitting on the bed observing this whole thing. She seemed to think it was great.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
So, my cats like me to be up at least by 6:30am if not an hour earlier. On the weekend now I have slept-in until about 8am on Saturdays. My orange kitten last weekend did this thing where he came up and grabbed my arm with both paws and violently shook it. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a one off and maybe he was playing with the other cat.

Nope, this morning, I was sleeping and at about 7:45am, he walks up on me, grabs my bicep with both paws and wildly starts shaking my arm. This cat is surprisingly strong, he is all muscle. So, kind of shocking how hard he can jerk my arm around.

When he woke me and I lifted my head off the pillow, he put his face right in my face, nose to nose, and gave me a very long, somewhat angry sounding MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I looked at him and then noticed the other cat sitting on the bed observing this whole thing. She seemed to think it was great.

We know who rules the roost.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
giphy.gif

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

So, that is likely a decent map but, proving all cats are not the same, the pair I have now do not follow that at all. Both love the tail included in petting and love it when I give it a little tug. The two year old, whenever anybody goes to pet her, flops over onto her back to make you pet her belly. I've not really seen that before in a cat. If you try to pet her back, she flops to the floor and just gives you her belly and she will lay there and let you pet it for as long as you are willing.

Both of them are fine with petting and playing with their legs and paws but both will only take brief (seconds) petting of the "magic spot", which I agree is typically always a spot most cats like you to pet and scratch.

So, the off limits areas they enjoy but the magic spot area, that is the place you can't touch for very long. Perhaps my beasts are defective.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, all different. My mom's had cats over the years. The first didn't mind you touching her anywhere. She and I almost grew up together as we got her as a kitten when I was 5. The second didn't really like to be touched much at all (she was a mostly feral cat that we "adopted"). The most recent didn't like to be touched anywhere on the legs or paws, but couldn't get enough of the "magic spot".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks