What's new

The Michael Jackson interview thread. (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else notice how much he looked like the statues of Peter Pan he had, especially the Disney version with the pointed nose and the big wide eyes... maybe thats the look he's going for with his "2" surgeries

--
jay

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Yeah, but if his kids are wearing masks in public all the time, then all any kidnappers have to do is snatch the kids in the masks ! After all, they'll be the only ones wearing them.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
When the whole thing about the baby over the balcony thing hit the news, it made it sound like there were thousands of fans outside his hotel in Germany. On this interview, it looked like maybe 100 showed up.

Michael seems to thrive on attention and doesn't seem to mind being mobbed. I wouldn't doubt he has someone tip-off the press/public as to where his next stop will be just so he gets mauled from his meager fan base.

Also, he seems really disconnected from his own children. He speaks of them as if they were pets. "they were given to me as a gift" what the hell is that?

Also, did you see the camera shake when he said he hadn't had any plastic surgery? I'll bet the camera-man almost dropped his camera when he heard that.

Instead of letting his career age gracefully and growing up, he's clinging to the idea that he's still a huge sensation.

I have a feeling we'll be reading about him under some tragic circumstance within the next few years.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
By denying the fact that he's had very extensive plastic surgery (something that we know is all too obvious) showed me just how frighteningly self-delusional this mutant really is. I feel so sorry for his children.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

We already are. (But I know what you mean.)

I still can't shake what I saw last night out of my head. In SoCal you get used to unusual things, people, and events. What I saw in that documentary disturbs on so many levels at once.

I've never liked people with a strong sense of entitlement and privilege. But Jackson has slipped to some bizarro world past even that. We are looking into the face of madness.

Roger Kint

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see Dr. Phil just drill Michael Jackson.

Somebody has got to knock some sense into him.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Danny, thanks for that BBC link. The folks over there continue to demonstrate how media savvy they are. See a few excerpts below:

The interview changed my whole perspective of Michael Jackson. The tabloids mould him into what can sell a paper, not the gifted man that made one of the biggest impacts on music today. He is brave to have let himself open to the public like he has. I was astonished to see the tabloids this morning still twisting and spinning his words and way of life. I turned off the television off last night feeling relieved that there are people out there that use their status to help others. Why not compliment him on his music and campaigns, why always condem him about things that have nothing to do with anyone but himself and his family?
Claire, England

I thought it was an appallingly conducted series of interviews. From the outset, Bashir's patronising, overtly disapproving tone had me squirming with embarrassment. His demeanour, the constant frowning expressions, the sly "get that!" camera switches - it was all very leading, and felt designed to force-confess some salacious titbit from the interviewee. Even the way that the questions were structured, such that the most probing questions were left until last (as if - were they to push to hard - it would be ok because they'd covered the bulk of material earlier on, and it wouldn't matter if they lost access to Jackson); things had obviously been scripted very carefully to order events so that they could build up to some sort of ratings grabbing climax, but ultimately it came across as a betrayal of trust. Rather I have much more sympathy for the man having now heard the stories of his upbringing and difficult early adult life.
George, UK

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yaknow what? After seeing this documentary, i have more respect for him.

The guy did not have a childhood AT ALL. Along with an abusive father, its no wonder he turned out like this. its not his fault.

He's just trying to live the childhood he couldnt have. He's still a child at heart if you look at it.

Though i would recommend some counselling for him.

I thought the interviewer was an asshole, trying to manipulate it so it shows him as a freak. Especially, as forementioned, about how much he was worth. Michael was trying to be humble, and the interviewer just put the number up, where Michael responded "yeah somewhere up there" (i cant remember exactly), and the interviewer twisted his words saying something like "So more than a billion?"

And he talked about him being humiliated at the german awards show. He made a way too big of a deal out of it, making it seem like he was totally embarassed and humilated just coz he got the wrong cue to go up on stage.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I dont think the interview was biased at all. I think the interviewer showed plenty of sympathy towards michael. He had a good point. Michael may have developed his abnormal behavior from abuse but the problem is his wealth is furthering his self destruction because no one will tell him what he is doing to himself. And its one thing what he does to himself but when children are involved everyone should at least be concerned.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Yeah, but if his kids are wearing masks in public all the time, then all any kidnappers have to do is snatch the kids in the masks ! After all, they'll be the only ones wearing them.
:laugh:
I've been thinking the same thing. :)

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Michael is an unbalanced creature of excess. He serves his needs only and his children are secondary. A revealing line came when Bashir asked questions about the birth of his first child, Paris. Michael talked about how the doctor told him that his baby had some complications of some sort. Here's what floored me: Michael said, "Please don't let me have a sick child."[!!] Not "Please don't let my child be sick." Twisted mind.

For any of you who think that Michael is harmless and has a right to live his life as he sees fit (so long as he isn't hurting anyone), read this disturbing affadavit:

The Smoking Gun website

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I was just wondering if those kids are really his, meaning genetically. Children of mixed races usually have characteristics of both races, those kids have only characteristics of caucasians.

Another thing, especially after reading the smoking gun report, is why the hell do the parents of these kids allow the kids to sleep in Michael's bedroom? Even if he never molested or had any inappropriate behavior, it's still too weird for an adult to want kids to sleep with him. The parents should be at blame, too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't believe millions of people voluntarily gave up an entire evening to watch this train wreck. No one will buy his albums anymore, but they'll gladly spend three hours of their lives watching an interview? It boggles the mind.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, it has to do with Jackson's being America's freakiest sideshow. The grotesque has undeniable allure.

As an example of Jackson's utter disconnect from reality and socially acceptable behavior, is it not strange that he would think the public would somehow find his $5-million shopping spree in a Las Vegas boutique endearing? In an era when people are seriously concerned about shrinking 401(k)s, job security, and an elusive economic recovery, even the ultra-wealthy need to consider PR issues.

And I have to agree with Jake: What on Earth are these parents thinking? (Perhaps they are hoping for some sort of monetary gift from the King of Schlock.)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
The "Jolly Green Giant" mannequin was a highlight for me. :laugh: (What's the deal with the mannequin fascination??)

Anyway, I still can't help but feel sad for Mr. Jackson.
Even though his antics are odd, to be sure, I think it's wise to remember what country he/we live in.

We can fire verbal salvos all day long at him, but the bottom line is: He, like all Americans, is free to do as he sees fit with his life. (As long as no harm is done to anyone else, as is quite obvious.)

If he wants to live in Fantasyland and play with mannequins and climb trees, great. Are we to condemn him for this?

I'm sure we all do strange things in our everyday lives that could easily be picked to pieces and scoffed at by others. But, would we want to give up the freedom to do the assortment of oddball things we hold so dear? I think not.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my maid's uniform awaits. :)
(Sorry, Michael....that was a cheap shot. :frowning:)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
It's interesting that a number of posters keep up the mantra of

its not his fault.
In many ways, I do feel sad for MJ (as I do for the late Elvis). A stolen childhood and a culture obssessed with fame and wealth have undoubtedly left some twisted marks on his life and psyche.

However, he's in his mid-40s. With the money and freedom he has, he has NO excuse not do what it takes to become an emotionally healthy, functioning human being.

Sorry, I just don't buy the "it's not his fault he's a freak and has startling obssessions about children." We all carry baggage from our homes of origin and our culture. We all also should recognize that we have the ability to make choices and seek out help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks