What's new

The Matrix: Reloaded DVD cover art survey (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The faces are too soft in #1, not only are they floating heads, they're ugly floating heads.
Unless I'm misunderstanding the concept of 'floating heads', #1 doesn't feature them. Morph, Neo and Trin are next to each other and they're wearing black, which might give the impression that the heads are floating. But they're attached! :wink:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Number 1.

That said, they seem to have been at a loss as to how to advertise this film in print. First came the teaser portraits where the heads were intentionally cut off (out of the frame), then later they released ones with the heads as if to say "ok, sorry, I guess you didn't like not seeing their faces", and now they're doing other things...

They seem really disorganized.

Now they have this "vote for your favorite campaign" with no way to actually vote.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
The third one. The first one is ugly and boring, IMO. I do like the reflections in the glasses, but the huge head shots bug the hell out of me.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Hmmm... I'm thinking about the spines, and how the three movies will look on my DVD shelf. I guess I'd rather have something with a black background so that they all match.

The first one.

(Or, more preferably, the third one with a black background.)

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Fisrt one is striking, a clean design and my favorite right after Gary's suggestion.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
First of all, the fact that this was posted here, means that by posting to this thread you are voting. At least that's the way I see it. Warner execs do read this forum you know.

And I don't like the first one because they did NOT make the heads look good, not just because I don't like big heads. In fact, some of the cover art I really like have big heads.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
1st one

I prefer the composition of the first one, as the other two look like it's selling a direct to video sequel to me.

Rob T

Screenwriter
That's great that they want input, but they are leaving out one very important factor...where do we vote?

I've checked digital bits, nothing. I checked all over warner brother's website, nothing. Checked the matrix website, nothing. So where is this survey? Is it over already?
I think it's another one of those AOL polls. :frowning:

I like #3. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I like the first one. While the soft cg look is a little much, I think it looks better than the others.

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
The 1st one! It's more creative and interesting. I can look at the others for a second and that's it, but i can stare at the first one a little while and still enjoy the picture. I think it has to do with the way the reflections look in the glasses against the rest of the picture.

Kami

Screenwriter
As much as I hate head-mountains, the first one by far. It's big heads but its pretty classy and the scenes reflected in the glasses is a nice touch.

FredK

Second Unit
nless I'm misunderstanding the concept of 'floating heads', #1 doesn't feature them.
Doh. I missed Neo's coat for the body of the cover, thought it was just code. OK, they're ugly attached heads.

Those images are ripped off of one of the poster series where everyone had way too much filtering done to them. I though the head-cut teasers were spectacular. Smith & Persephone were the best by far. Each character had a stance that was 100% theirs... these covers they're just hanging around like "Hey, where's that 4th guy that was on the first cover?"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You know what would be a really cool cover? To have the clothes there, hanging in midair, and have the body (face/hands) be all Matrix code-y (like when they hit the exit). Just jacket/pants/sunglasses are whole

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks