What's new

The Matrix: Reloaded DVD cover art survey (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Number 3. It looks more consistent with the look of the look of the first film cover.

#2 is just wrong. The stark white makes it look like they're in a construct - and the only construct we see in the entire film is the Zion mainframe.

I have a problem with number 1. It is basically a composite of 3 posters. From the way everyone is talking, I wonder whether people even saw these posters in cinema - everyone seems to have seen these for the first time.

For those of you who haven't seen them before, the original posters were those addeds to the first post on this thread. Now, those posters were wonderful, perfect, I loved them. Nice, close up, just the face and a little bit of neck and body. And the reflections - cool. On a poster, the reflection details were great, perfect, and large. They're even pretty good in the pictures posted on the net. But think about the size of the DVD pack. And imagine having to squeeze the picture so that each face, each pair of sunglasses, is 1/3 of the width of a pack. The reflections are getting pretty small in size, to the point where I doubt there is the detail necessary to make the poster so cool.

Plus, with the necessary recompositing of the picture to fit in three heads, not one, we now get a picture with three heads crammed together in the top 1/3 of the picture, and then just a sea of black for the bottom 2/3 of the picture. End result - ugly.

So final conclusion - loved the sunglass refections posters. Hate the sunglass reflections DVD cover (#1). My preference - #3.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Sure this aint too good, But this thread got me wondering what a total photoshop amature, could whip in in a few minutes. I actually like it better than the three Warner choices :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I like the first one. The other two resemble something from a cereal box. The only things missing are things like...

New Matrix Reloaded breakfast cereal, with mystical Morpheus marshmallows and high flyin Neo oat nuggets.

Be 'The One' at your breakfast table!

(((SHUDDER)))

Nah.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
How about this one?

One of the teaser posters had the matrix code printed as a hologram, so that would look really cool on a DVD cover.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Holographic cover would be nice.

Or, how about they reissue Matrix I with one line of bright green code (and other lines of code faint in the background more in darkness), then they issue Matrix II with two lines of code bright green, and for III, three lines.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I like the third cover the best.

P.S. Please try to release this movie with high quality Dolby Digital (if not DTS). Thank you ;)

James E

Stunt Coordinator
i don't much care about the cover(they can sell the dvd in a blank case if it will be faster). but if it is going to have sunglasses on the cover, it would be cool for them to be mirrors so when looking at the case you see your face in them.:D

james

P.S.

Was that a run on sentence or what?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
There is no spoon or survey. jk, no idea. Maybe it's an AOL thing as someone suggested. Perhaps it's a hoax, the choices are all fan creations and Warner Bros. could give a rat's patoot what anyone thinks. Maybe this thread, like the Matrix, is the survey since according to the movie, reality is what we make it and therefore I am the architect. BWAHAHAHAAAAA! hm. ok bad joke. :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Michael's cover should be the official one. But then we have no idea who is in the movie! ;)

Either 1 or 3 will do it for me. Probably 3.

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
The survey was done by e-mail invitation only (with compensation of $1.50) and had nothing to do with AOL.

It would be ideal in the future if Warner or any other studio would come to this forum to see what the majority of people would prefer as opposed to a pre-selected study.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Back in post #82 I commented:
For those of you who haven't seen them before, the original posters were those addeds to the first post on this thread. Now, those posters were wonderful, perfect, I loved them. Nice, close up, just the face and a little bit of neck and body. And the reflections - cool. On a poster, the reflection details were great, perfect, and large. They're even pretty good in the pictures posted on the net. But think about the size of the DVD pack. And imagine having to squeeze the picture so that each face, each pair of sunglasses, is 1/3 of the width of a pack. The reflections are getting pretty small in size, to the point where I doubt there is the detail necessary to make the poster so cool.
I just found a higher resolution version of the covers over at DVD Answers and I have to say, I think it justifies my concern. Here it is:

This is much closer, at least on my screen, to the size of the DVD cover. I can make out a couple of cars in Trinity's glasses (but much of the background highway detail is gone), I can sort of make out the power plant in Morpheous's glasses. But I have no idea at all what is in Neo's glasses. And I know what it is I'm looking at! I know I am looking at the Burly Brawl, but looking at this cover, I cannot see that. I think the DVD cover case will simply be too small for this cover to really work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks