What's new

The Martha Stewart Effect (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
Odds are if you are married, you are watching "Martha Stewart" at some time during your weekend.

From a man's point of view...someone who is held hostage for 30minutes at a time, on a regular basis...you are watching her, evaluating her, not about those special meals, for That Special Person, but thinking how good she would be in bed...maybe taking time out to share a little Valentine Day Breakfast.

What a scam it is, too! For anyone, man or woman, who is seemingly inept enough these days not to be able to crack an egg or boil water...and affluent enough to buy into keeping up with her Culture and way of doing things...you are coming to her Altar of Knowledge to learn about preparing a Christmas Dinner or that Valentine Breakfast

for your significant other.

I love watching to catch her gaffs...that's my hobby...

which are MANY...because it seems in Martha's World, there is Martha's Way and there is NOTHING OR NO ONE ELSE! Even the dumbest goof goes unchecked. You get the idea that NO ONE questions Martha and that when Martha says it is, no one dares to question her. It's ok to be the Queen.

She is EVERYWHERE...Tv, Radio, Book Stores, magazine racks, for Heaven's sake, even the aisles of Kmart...but nowhere, nowhere, like in her Army of knockoff, Robot Imitators. They are ALL OVER television, The Stepford Single Female Army of the New Millenium...The Martha Stewart Marching Zombies, HGTV, OXYGEN, FOOD NETWORK, TLC, LIFETIME, local Tv, commercial Tv, Cable Tv, Radio, Public Access, ALL of "Them", teaching the collective You, how to "McGiver" your way through your busy day and live care free. Brain free !

It's like women...ahem, People...don't have to think for themselves anymore...and you know what, I guess everyone doesn't...just think as Martha would think, do as Martha would do, and it's all instantly solved...a little more expensive and upscale, but solved. Women thought they were liberated but it seems it was just a plot to steal their brains in the darkness of night, to enslave them to the things they were running out of the house and go to work for....go to work to pay for martha...Martha...MARTHA

...MARTHA !!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Odds are if you are married, you are watching "Martha Stewart" at some time during your weekend.

Actually neither my wife or I like her (lucky for me I guess). Just about the only thing we do like about Martha Stewart are the jokes. I remember getting one about the 30 days of Christmas (wish I still had it) which was real funny.

It had all kinds of out-of-this-world decorating tips. One was about using a Thanksgiving turkey (around Mid Dec) as a center piece by spray painting it silver and garnishing with pine cones.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I sense there is an "edge", an undercurrent to her presentations that's a little condescending...alot of arrogance, certainly not alot of FUN...and definitely NOT alot of genuine authority, running through her schtick.

It's all artifice, that is successful where it counts...in the bank !

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
It would be interesting to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with her. I would like to see if some of that homemade crap is actually made and in her house or whether she buys her stuff from fancy high-class expensive stores.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I think she makes it herself.

I'd like to spend a holiday with her too...but not tasting the Thanksgiving stuffing! She's kinda hot!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
It was pointed out to me recently that she has a double that does the show. MS II usually does not talk much, she lets the guest do all the talking. I guess MS I can't be everywhere.

On a side note, I kind of think Martha Stewart is hot. :b

Jon

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
Martha who ? I don't believe we have seen this woman this side of the pond. Anyone got a hot picture of this chick?

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Saw the A&E episode of Biography on Queen Martha -- whatever one may think of her looks now, she was definitely a hottie in her youth! The funniest part of the episode, BTW, was when they cut to a testimonial by someone who apparently swears by everything Martha does (i.e. cooking, interior decorating, gardening, ad infinitum....): Dennis Franz!! That's right, Det. Andy Sipowicz is a Martha groupie!! :laugh:

MikeAW

Second Unit
She still looks good with the layered look, good to snuggle up to from behind...and it just gives a person something to hold onto for the long hard rides !

Besides...she's loaded !

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
I could never stand her.

After watching True Hollywood Story, I'm also convinced she's the devil. She wants to turn everyone into her slaves into her exhusband and her daughter who can't stand her.

Whenever my wife watch her on HGTV, I bang my head to the walls until I go out unconscious.

For those of you who thinks she's hot, OH PLEASE..........

Even when she was younger, I would never consider her hot. She's ok looking but gets uglier and uglier the more you find out about her personality, her past, and the truth behind her empire! She makes Senator Palpatine (the emperor) blush.

You English guys who never heard of her. Be thankful she hasn't taken over all your women's mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks