What's new

The Mark of Kri - confilcting reviews (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
OK, I've been interested in this one for a long time - but I read two conflicting reviews:
PSM - a magazine that I don't care for - gave it a 6/10.
Game Informer - a magazine that I DO like - gave it a 9/10.

Anyone read anything good/bad about it?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Extended Play liked it and the footage they showed looked pretty slick. It's a very nice looking game.

Gamespot seemed to like it with some reservations about the gameplay. I get the impression that it's a solid game, overall.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I really want this game so I hope it doesn't suck. It looks like a really cool idea and I hope the developers don't screw it up. This game, Gungrave, DMC2, Onimusha2, Contra: SS, and Red Dead Revolver are some of my most wanted PS2 games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Everyone is praising the battle system and the style of the game. The only problem seems to be repetitive combat.

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
A price of $39.99 at EBgames and BestBuy.com definitely makes it a seemingly good value, but I too am curious as to what other gamers think.

FWIW, I also see at EBGames, that you can get the Game Guide (if you're into those) for 50% off (from $14.99). So both the guide and the game for under 50 clams. Not bad...

Any early impressions yet from those who got Kri early?

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, or gals...

Well, I picked up Kri today for $39.99 at EB. I also put $15 down on the PS2 online adapter. Sony has never been good at keeping hardware in stock, and the guy there said he may be short as well. So, better safe than sorry.

Anyway, Mark of Kri. Only 2 hours into it. But I can tell this is a very solid game. EXTREMELY stylistic, very cartoon like, with massive amounts for violence. Stealth is awesome... many different ways to end a life doing it that way. The bird, is cool... sending him forward to look through his eyes and see what's ahead, is right out of Beastmaster (where is Marc Singer?).

I think the game will delight many, finally something to play on the PS2... I've been waiting a while and playing ED on GC and Halo still on XB. Nice to get the PS2 up again!

Let me know what you all think...

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks