What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Trailer needs more Herzog, but other than that...thumbs-up. It appears that The Mandalorian does not have a jetpack. Which makes me hope that the main series-arc is just him running around everywhere trying to find and kill the guy who stole his jetpack.

Also, every episode of this series should feature a post-credits scene of Herzog reading a Wookieepedia entry about a thing from Legends EU.

::herzogvoice:: WARU

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Recently saw the official trailer for The Mandalorian....amazing! This looks truly incredible. Just based on the trailer, I'm looking forward to this show more than the ST films:

- Amazing new ships.

- Nice to see IG-88 (or an IG-88-like robot) in action for the first time - the scene with him battling the stormtroopers was a fanboy's dream
wink.png

-Interesting brief scene with the Nien Numb-like alien riding on top of a creature.

-The creature in carbonite resembles one of the aliens in the ANH cantina, i.e. the rat-like creature.

-Cool to see Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed in the Rocky films; Predator 1) in the show.

-It's interesting to see Werner Herzog (well-known German film director) in here; how bizarre. I'm actually a big fan of Herzog's films, but they are truly avant-garde & in many cases twisted & truly $#$%#-up (in a good way). So, he is the last person I'd expect to see in a live-action SW TV series - LOL.

Three months is not that long to wait for this - very cool
wink.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
-It's interesting to see Werner Herzog (well-known German film director) in here; how bizarre. I'm actually a big fan of Herzog's films, but they are truly avant-garde & in many cases twisted & truly $#$%#-up (in a good way). So, he is the last person I'd expect to see in a live-action SW TV series - LOL.
I still can't believe that Herzog has even seen a Star Wars movie let alone being in Star Wars. Though just because he's in The Mandalorian, there's still nothing to say that he has seen one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Herzog also appeared in the final season of Parks & Recreation. You just never know where he'll show up. He was gloriously bizarre (like the show).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Dumb question.

Who are we supposed to cheer on for in this show? The Mandalorian? He's a bounty hunter, no?

Or is he gonna a bounty hunter with a heart of gold?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
We don't know! Isn't that awesome? I'm treating it like Breaking Bad now. You know you shouldn't root for the main character but you WILL.
I have the feeling that the character will be deadly but he's not going to be a monster like Walter White either. If he is, the rest of the characters around him will be the folks to root for.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have the feeling that the character will be deadly but he's not going to be a monster like Walter White either. If he is, the rest of the characters around him will be the folks to root for.

Let’s keep in mind that Disney+ will strictly limit itself to PG and PG-13 fare. The anti-hero aspects will be kept to a minimum.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I just paid for a 3 year subscription to Disney+ in part so that I can watch this with my family of Star Wars fans. With taxes it came to the very reasonable price of slightly less than $5 a month.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Let’s keep in mind that Disney+ will strictly limit itself to PG and PG-13 fare. The anti-hero aspects will be kept to a minimum.
You can shoot 50 people in a row or fist fight 100 guys at one time but as long as blood isn't flying everywhere, it's PG-13 today. Not to say that this show will do that but violence is perfectly acceptable in PG-13 material (or whatever rating system will be used) when there isn't realistic consequences of that violence.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Posted by
u/Godxon

59 minutes ago

The Mandalorian season 1 airdates
renderTimingPixel.png

Star Wars

Episode 1 — 12th November

Episode 2 — 15th November

Episode 3 — 22nd November

Episode 4 — 29th November

Episode 5 — 6th December

Episode 6 — 13th December

Episode 7 — 18th December

Episode 8 — 27th December

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So is it an eight episode show or is that just a partial season with a long hiatus to follow?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Awesome.

Was just worried it was something like the first season of Star Trek Discovery, where we got like eight new episodes and then a three month break. I have less patience for that type of scheduling with each passing year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks