What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The same planet name is here on Star Wars.com and on wookieepedia . Not sure that this info is really spoiler-worthy though.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/kuiil

The rest of the episode summary is...I'm being hyper cautious since I don't want to unnecessary antagonize anyone following this conversation without having seen the episode. Besides, I think it was mentioned last night was the tipping point for spoilers/open conversation about Chapter 1.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's been pointed out elsewhere that the doctor (Omid Abtahi) that was with the Client (Werner Herzog) was wearing
the symbol of the Kamino cloners, suggesting his work has something to do with clones, and that, perhaps, that baby is a clone of Yoda.

Just a theory for now, but a fun one.

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-clone-theory/

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wow, I was reading an article and now I can see it. I was saying before that it is very curious why they are releasing The Mandalorian this year. We have a movie this year, why not wait and release the series next year? Spread out your content. Also very curious that its release line up perfectly with the release of The Rise of Skywalker. It's like chapter 7 comes out right before the movie. Maybe there is a reason!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Wow, I was reading an article and now I can see it. I was saying before that it is very curious why they are releasing The Mandalorian this year. We have a movie this year, why not wait and release the series next year? Spread out your content. Also very curious that its release line up perfectly with the release of The Rise of Skywalker. It's like chapter 7 comes out right before the movie. Maybe there is a reason!

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if baby Yoda-ling ties into TROS, or perhaps into future plans...

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I figure Disney felt that D+ needed a big show to start off their service with.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Second episode is up and I had a lot of fun watching it. Posted runtime was something like 32 minutes but minus credits and recap it was probably closer to 27, so I guess this is gonna hover closer to the half hour mark.

I kinda love that. When TV started out, all genres came in the half hour format, but nowadays that length is reserved almost exclusively for comedies.

In many ways, this is feeling closest to George’s original inspiration of Star Wars as an old serial.

This has been much more fun than I expected.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This is what I am going with. They needed either a Star Wars of Marvel series at launch.

Agree. It had to be Star Wars or Marvel...and nothing from Marvel is ready to launch as far as I know.

The Boba Fett movie was simmering for a long time. I half guess some or all of that plot line was used to The Mandalorian, which explains how this show got ready so "fast."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just finished watching the second episode.

Found it far more satisfying than the first. It finally felt like an original trilogy Star Wars adventure.

The episodes are a little too short for my tastes as I was kind of hoping there was more to this week's story, though a lot happened throughout the episode already.

In all, I finally feel like this is a show I am going to enjoy moving forward.

I have spoken!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The second episode was awesome. This is classic Lucas/Spielberg stuff from the late 70s - great action that makes us giddy. Nice tribute to Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. Will say more when more people have seen it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m bad with keeping track of character names especially on new shows when I’m still learning and everyone is just “that guy” but I really liked Mr. I Have Spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks