What's new

The Mandalorian (2019) - Season 3 (2 Viewers)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I thought this was absolutely amazing. I even want to say one of the best of any Star Wars series. The best part was the Coruscant scenes. It was so magical and I was completely drawn into it. Just the environment and them talking. Remember what was the best part of Revenge of the Sith? The ballroom talk. (I think they showed the same place again). So a good dialog in a moody place ignites your imagination and your brain does the rest. It's better than any action.

Oh no, Bo-Katan now has to cover her face? I want to see her face.

Was that Lorne Peterson of ILM modelmaking I saw in a cameo?

What was the timeline of the Coruscant scenes in relation to the first episode of The Mandalorian? I was thinking this is a flashback and happened before the first episode?

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Was that Lorne Peterson of ILM modelmaking I saw in a cameo?
If we're thinking of the same person, that was Dean Cundey. Famed director of photography on Halloween, The Fog, Rock N Roll High School, Jurassic Park, the three Back To The Future movies and this season of The Mandalorian.

What was the timeline of the Coruscant scenes in relation to the first episode of The Mandalorian? I was thinking this is a flashback and happened before the first episode?
The episode is set after the second season when Pershing was presumably arrested by the New Republic after Mando fought Moff Gideon and Grogu left with Luke, etc.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am really amazed nobody mentioned the "in-joke" that this episode featured. I picked up on it immediately.

When the scientist is tied to the table and about to be mind-flayed, he cries out "...it's a trap," evoking a reaction from the very creature that uttered that same infamous line in RETURN OF THE JEDI.

I actually thought this was a very good episode despite having very little Mando and Groku. The scenery and effects were excellent. I mean, this is the type of story and pacing that everyone would be praising had it been ANDOR.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The episode is set after the second season when Pershing was presumably arrested by the New Republic after Mando fought Moff Gideon and Grogu left with Luke, etc.
Oh. That changes things. So he is not really "good", is he? He was still working for the imperial people after the fall of the empire.

I thought this was a back story to show how he started to work for the bad guys again and experimenting and maybe creating Baby Yoda as a clone.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oh. That changes things. So he is not really "good", is he? He was still working for the imperial people after the fall of the empire.
I think that Pershing had switched loyalties to the New Republic & he honestly believed that his cloning work would be beneficial to them and it was just Kane who was working for the Imperial remnant or Moff Gideon the whole time. Assuming that Pershing survives, I'd guess that his brain will be messed up enough that he'll now be back to working for the Empire.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
When the scientist is tied to the table and about to be mind-flayed, he cries out "...it's a trap," evoking a reaction from the very creature that uttered that same infamous line in RETURN OF THE JEDI.
We got a laugh out of that one. The Mon Calamari reacted like "oh please, that's our line"

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Palpatine DNA + Grogu DNA + cloning tech = Snoke
Palpatine DNA + Grogu DNA + cloning tech perfected = Palpatine resurrected
I really hope this is not what they are going to do this season, try to explain the ridiculous story choices JJ Abrams made with TROS.

I found the Mando-less sections really boring this week. The rest of the episode was great.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not perfected cloning tech also makes Super Size Sith Lords? :biggrin:

The second episode ran a bit slow for me, though I appreciate the perspective of it being old school exploratory adventuring. Problem for me was there was no real tension. My youngest kept asking, "Is he dead?" and every time I told her "no" it made me realize the stakes were pretty low.

The third episode was better for the spectacular dog fight scenes, and it was interesting to see Coruscant in a different way than the recent Andor series. I agree with the comment that getting the full Pershing story was a double-edged sword in its effect on pacing and flow, but I also can't help but be intrigued on where this thing with Elia Kane is going.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really hope this is not what they are going to do this season, try to explain the ridiculous story choices JJ Abrams made with TROS.
Dave Filoni has periodically used every one of his TV shows to connect to the movies and fill in "blanks" that the movies left. As far as I'm concerned, it's 100% guaranteed that whatever Pershing was/is up to either leads to Snoke or the reborn Emperor or both in 25 years of SW time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Haven’t seen this week’s episode yet, but those of you with social media accounts, beware: EW has a post today with a pretty significant spoiler in the headline and photo. I recommend unfollowing them or snoozing them. So irresponsible.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Haven’t seen this week’s episode yet, but those of you with social media accounts, beware: EW has a post today with a pretty significant spoiler in the headline and photo. I recommend unfollowing them or snoozing them. So irresponsible.

Thanks for that warning, Sam. I will watch the new episode later today and avoid social media though I have a feeling that the spoiler probably is based on the past conversation here (just the word spoiler sets off expectations).

I'll put my prediction below in a spoiler and see if I guessed it right...

Someone mentioned a tie-in with the Obi Wan series. I am guessing Ewan McGregor makes a cameo

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I never heard of that character before.
To me it was more about the actor then the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks