What's new

The Mandalorian (2019) - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I thought it was amusing that they removed the new monster by having one similar to the first one eat him up.
It reminded of the underwater scene in The Phantom Menace. 4A10390B-0C08-4971-B570-08F909243A19.jpeg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It reminded of the underwater scene in The Phantom Menace. View attachment 179413
When the foundling was falling from the perch and the Mandalorians were scrambling to rescue, one of my kids said, "Why don't they just let him fall in the water? He'll be fine!"

Then the bird creature falls into the water and the sea monster grabs him, and I said, "That's why you don't fall into the water!"

And the kid said, "Oh."

PS I predict some Mandalorians will be riding those baby bird creatures by the season finale.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
When the foundling was falling from the perch and the Mandalorians were scrambling to rescue, one of my kids said, "Why don't they just let him fall in the water? He'll be fine!"

Then the bird creature falls into the water and the sea monster grabs him, and I said, "That's why you don't fall into the water!"

And the kid said, "Oh."

PS I predict some Mandalorians will be riding those baby bird creatures by the season finale.

That's cute. Like that story.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand why Bo-Katan is following these zealots. She is smarter than them.
I understand why she's doing it but yeah, these guys are a bunch of religious maniacs. :laugh:

Even though I didn't notice it, my wife noted that to her Grogu did look noticeably younger.
I could be wrong but I thought he looked like he had less wrinkles during Order 66.

Yep. Also, Grogu will be saved by his new armor.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
So, a game show host is now canon, interesting. Does that mean all the Jedi Temple Challenge contestants are canon, became younglings and slaughtered during Order 66?

I really enjoyed this episode, much better than last weeks. I think it is time they move away from the Grogu puppet and use CGI when they want him to do a lot of movement. It just looks so fake when he's walking, climbing, jumping, etc. His walk is more of a shuffle that we did with action figures. It just takes me out of the moment some now that they are giving him more to do than just sit or stand there looking cute.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So, a game show host is now canon, interesting.
As weird as it sounds, Beq and Jedi Temple Challenge were canon before The Mandalorian. Outside of his being a teacher at the Jedi Temple, I don't quite understand how the game show fits into continuity though.

Does that mean all the Jedi Temple Challenge contestants are canon, became younglings and slaughtered during Order 66?
That's dark. I like it. :laugh:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

And the kid said, "Oh."
And it will be months before he takes a bath again.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would have expected Grogu to look noticeably younger during the flashback, since Order 66 would have taken place well over half his life ago. The Mandalorian is set 28 years after Revenge of the Sith. But that’s a minor quibble.
When they returned from the flashback, I noted current time Grogu had more forehead wrinkles and hair.
I don't understand why Bo-Katan is following these zealots. She is smarter than them.
I'd say it's partially the Mythosaur sighting, as well as the fact she's been operating largely in isolation and exile, and what seems like largely second or third hand knowledge of the old Mandalorian ways. What she's experienced so far is acceptance, respect, and community, things she seems surprised to be granted by the covert but also surprised by her own reaction to wanting such things. Basically, she's being won over to the old ways, so I don't see her scheming to rule any more. I could be wrong, but she seemed pretty broken and disillusioned sitting in that empty palace of hers. I suspect she is re-evaluating her beliefs and wondering if the old ways aren't so bad after all.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
So, a game show host is now canon, interesting. Does that mean all the Jedi Temple Challenge contestants are canon, became younglings and slaughtered during Order 66?

I really enjoyed this episode, much better than last weeks. I think it is time they move away from the Grogu puppet and use CGI when they want him to do a lot of movement. It just looks so fake when he's walking, climbing, jumping, etc. His walk is more of a shuffle that we did with action figures. It just takes me out of the moment some now that they are giving him more to do than just sit or stand there looking cute.
Makes me think of South Park when he's shown walking.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So why are people calling him a game show host. Seems disingenuous.
He had to go through being Binks and now people are calling him a game show host?
Or am I missing something?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Interesting. Best played the Beq character within the game show, which I now understand is the complaint about a game show being canon. But there is no judgment from me. He got more than enough flack for playing Jar Jar and agree people should just cut him some slack and wish him the best.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So why are people calling him a game show host. Seems disingenuous.
He had to go through being Binks and now people are calling him a game show host?
Or am I missing something?
Because the character literally originated as the host of a game show and has now been featured in a TV show. I mean no offense to the man because I think it's great that they used his character to save Baby Yoda.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
He also made a cameo in Attack Of The Clones along side Anthony Daniels. (photo from Entertainment Weekly)
image.jpg

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Interesting. Best played the Beq character within the game show, which I now understand is the complaint about a game show being canon. But there is no judgment from me. He got more than enough flack for playing Jar Jar and agree people should just cut him some slack and wish him the best.

Going canon can be painful at times:

1679939106505.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks