What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Magician - Bill Bixby (5 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Magician
Episode 19: The Illusion of the Lethal Playthings
originally aired on Tuesday, March 18, 1974​

You can find Doug Wallen's synopsis here.

This was more like it! I really enjoyed this one. I even forgive the way Tony easily found the extortionists, though I think they should have used the old marionettes instead of "Peacherine Rag" as they way to discover them. Unlike Doug though, I don't find the Dominick/Blake scenes better than the chemistry of Pomeroy & Blake. And this is another episode without Jerry involved, though he's still listed in the credits.
Great to see Mark Wilson get so much screen time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sure would like to hear your take before I go looking for the On Demand listings.
Sorry to be late on this Doug. We should probably create its own thread in TV Shows rather than discuss here, but I will say that I found the pilot interesting enough to want to continue watching the show.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Magician
Episode 20: The Illusion of the Cat's Eye
originally aired on Tuesday, March 25, 1974​

You can find Doug Wallen's synopsis here.

This is one of the best in the series. Right out of the gate, as soon as I saw John Dehner (one of my favorite radio actors) in the episode, I just knew I was going to enjoy this one. Then seeing Marianna Hill as the "Cat Woman", the show just kept getting better and better.
I also liked that it wasn't until the end that we found out whether or not John Dehner's character was in on the plot.

I'm now down to the last episode, which I will watch in two weeks. This was an interesting experiment of trying to re-create the original airing of the show. While it is enjoyable to binge watch some shows, I'm really glad I didn't do it this time.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I didn't watch this, just wondering if anybody did. Seems like an updated twist on The Magician storyline.

We have started watching them. This is structured more like Psych or the Mentalist. Magician helps FBI as opposed to being a lone wolf. The show has promise but so far I don't really care about the supporting characters as they have not been developed. I think the show has potential, I just hope they get there. Enjoy shows with magic and I would like this to survive.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Final episode is shown this Tuesday...

The Magician
Episode 21: The Illusion of the Evil Spikes
originally aired on Tuesday, April 15, 1974​

You can read Doug Wallen's synopsis here.

This was a great episode to end the series on. Glad it went out on a high note. I really liked the story, and it was great to see Lew Ayres, Herbert Anderson, and Jessica Walter.

It is too bad this show only had a single season. I really enjoyed mimicking the original run, watching each Tuesday as it was aired. There's something to be said for waiting and not binge-watching. I think I enjoyed it more, spreading it out over 7 months, and having the anticipation of another episode to watch each week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks